where to invest time in in scripting to decrease banrate?

dutchteunes

Dear community 😄,

I recently started writing my own scripts. The osbot api is pretty nice. but i wonder where to invest my time in to decrease banrates or if i should at all.

for example you have the dropAll function that will drop al items in your inventory. In my eyes this patern seems to be kinda bot like behaviour since it always drops all the items from left to right. 

Is it worth to invest time into making your own dropinventory to create your own patern? to add some misclicking and other random stuff what i would do if i was fishing myself?

Also i read somethings about mouse movement that it does not matter? But if i watch the netwerk trafic going over the proxy the data send seems to increase if i move my mouse random. It even increase more if i hover over objects. So it seems to me mousedata is also send over the proxy. So would it be worth the time to create your own mousee movement behaviour? 

since recognizing paterns out of data will cost runescape computerpower resource/time they would have something like a way of watching accounts. Ofcourse f2p bot heavy areas are more likely to be watched than something else. I personally think but am not sure that the higher requirements for being able to treda en use the GE will also reduce the chance of being watched. If you can't sell the money you made it is not worth to watch the account and other accounts probally will have higher prio to be watched. this is all speculation but it seems a logic way of dealing with bots since a lot of people start botting in the spare time they have right now in the current pandemic. 

I would like some thoughts and experience of other botters/scripters ?

my goal is just to make some osrgp on the side and since writing the scripts is actually kinda fun i would like to take it's at a hobby to earn some on the side ^^

Edited by dutchteunes

I wrote a script for myself where items are dropped randomly and sometimes wrong clicks are made. If you are interested in this or want more information about it, send me a message :).

I don’t think creating your own mouse movement applies except just moving your mouse somewhere random. However, I am not sure about this.

Moving the mouse offscreen, especially when not doing anything for an extended period, is an easy way to improve the "realism" of your bot's activity.

I would say, the things that are disallowed until 20 hours play time, those are still heavily watched. As well as, any other F2P money makers.

A relatively new account will get banned more or less right away for spending any length of time doing F2P money makers. Filling jugs of water, selling fire runes, collecting cowhides (even not selling just collecting), all of this can you get banned very very quickly, whether you bot the activity or do it manually.

I don't know how much they loosen this up for accounts that have aged for a while, but honestly, you probably shouldn't bot-for-profit on a F2P account. common suicide-botted methods will get you banned inside of an hour, and I wouldn't want to risk an aged account on the kind of crap money making activities possible on F2P.

22 minutes ago, Gabriel Ramuglia said:

Moving the mouse offscreen, especially when not doing anything for an extended period, is an easy way to improve the "realism" of your bot's activity.

I would say, the things that are disallowed until 20 hours play time, those are still heavily watched. As well as, any other F2P money makers.

A relatively new account will get banned more or less right away for spending any length of time doing F2P money makers. Filling jugs of water, selling fire runes, collecting cowhides (even not selling just collecting), all of this can you get banned very very quickly, whether you bot the activity or do it manually.

I don't know how much they loosen this up for accounts that have aged for a while, but honestly, you probably shouldn't bot-for-profit on a F2P account. common suicide-botted methods will get you banned inside of an hour, and I wouldn't want to risk an aged account on the kind of crap money making activities possible on F2P.

everything you mean on f2p is monitored very hard. You dont have to even get off tutorial island and get banned.

On 5/10/2020 at 10:39 PM, z10n said:

1. Use Mirror MOde only to avoid client-detection.

2. Use real Human mouse data.

Ye the mirror mode works great so far.

for step 2 would take me some time. i see how far i get with my own simple scripts and if i do get banned more often i will take a look at it 🙂 

thanks

1 hour ago, Brian said:

If you are writing all your own scripts, I've found your ban chance is really near 0.  I write 10 line scripts, that I run for 2 weeks+, never caught a ban. 

I agree with this,

When jagex detects a bot/script, then everybody who uses the bot gets profiled because the bots LOGIC and TIMING get detected.

I think I may start writing my own scripts now, thanks =)

I also write my scripts for myself and so far I did not receive any bans. However, I believe that having your own scripts is not the only thing that prevents you from getting banned. There are more factors like botting time per day, botting time per week, training different skills, etc.

If you have any questions regarding writing your own scripts don't hesitate to send me a message 😉 

On 5/14/2020 at 2:10 AM, Geeseball said:

I also write my scripts for myself and so far I did not receive any bans. However, I believe that having your own scripts is not the only thing that prevents you from getting banned. There are more factors like botting time per day, botting time per week, training different skills, etc.

If you have any questions regarding writing your own scripts don't hesitate to send me a message 😉 

I haven't found that even makes much of a difference, I wrote a 10line iron ore powerminer that I ran for 42hours straight.  A 20 line shop buying script that I ran 14hours a day for a week..

I have ran a STR Pump script (very low actions required) that I run 24/7 for over a month on 3 accounts. 0 bans

Edited by Brian

5 hours ago, Brian said:

I haven't found that even makes much of a difference, I wrote a 10line iron ore powerminer that I ran for 42hours straight.  A 20 line shop buying script that I ran 14hours a day for a week..

I have ran a STR Pump script (very low actions required) that I run 24/7 for over a month on 3 accounts. 0 bans

I wrote a ~2k line script, was undetected for around a week or two, running for 5+ hrs a day, but after the first ban the other bans came in after using the script for like 2 days (stealth injection, didn't use proxies to be fair). I don't think writing your own script makes much of a difference anymore (I'm sure it used to years back).

2 hours ago, wwwat said:

I wrote a ~2k line script, was undetected for around a week or two, running for 5+ hrs a day, but after the first ban the other bans came in after using the script for like 2 days (stealth injection, didn't use proxies to be fair). I don't think writing your own script makes much of a difference anymore (I'm sure it used to years back).

The ban rate for stealth injection is signifcant higher than for mirrir mode, honestly I think that is the main reason you received a ban.