Flagged IP after ban?

Sb22

Im new to botting and started a new account last week, used a premium bot and got banned today. 

Im not really mad at the ban but im wondering about the process of flagged IPs? I was stupid enough to not use a proxy/VPN and they banned my account on my home IP.
If i i.e buy an account and use it will it get banned for RWT because my IP now is flagged after the ban? Is it safe to keep botting despite my IP now possibly being flagged?

IThanks

/SB

I dont use proxy/VPN but I also only bot on 3 accounts max at a time and I never have them botting at the same time (1 account for a few hours 2nd account for a few hours ect).

I dont think IP flagging is really a thing if you are using a residential IP unless you are trying to a run a bot farm off it.  I have had several accounts banned, and others not when I was using the same bot on them.

Also if you are paranoid, you can change your home residential IP if you have a little technical knowledge and the right hardware.  I will do this if I get a lot of accounts banned or just as a precaution if im making a few new accounts. 

Rough breakdown:

If you have a modem/router that are separate...

1: Unplug modem

2: Login to router, and depending on the model some let you change the MAC address via the software (mine does I have a higher end netgear nighthawk). I typically just change the last value by 1 number or letter.

3: Reboot the router, then plugin the modem.

4: Wait for everything to come up and go to any website that displays your public IP, depending on your ISP you could/should have a new assigned IP.  

Sometimes, depending on your IP, you can even get away with just unplugging your modem for 5+ minutes and plugging it back in.  But most ISP's in the US will have at least a 24 hour lease.

If enough people are interested I could always write something up thats a little more detailed and with screenshots.

Edited by Botthestrange
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Botthestrange said:

I dont use proxy/VPN but I also only bot on 3 accounts max at a time and I never have them botting at the same time (1 account for a few hours 2nd account for a few hours ect).

I dont think IP flagging is really a thing if you are using a residential IP unless you are trying to a run a bot farm off it.  I have had several accounts banned, and others not when I was using the same bot on them.

Thank you for your reply, I will try those methods. Is there any other way they can trace me to the banned account like using GUID or hardware trace?

5 minutes ago, Sb22 said:

Thank you for your reply, I will try those methods. Is there any other way they can trace me to the banned account like using GUID or hardware trace?

Yes sorry I forgot to mention that, I change my hardware ID every time I update my IP as well so it appears as a fresh start as far as I can tell.

to change HW ID on a windows device open regedit and go to the below path....

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\IDConfigDB\Hardware Profiles\0001

Change HW Profile Guid and reboot (typically just change the last few digits)

9 minutes ago, Botthestrange said:

Yes sorry I forgot to mention that, I change my hardware ID every time I update my IP as well so it appears as a fresh start as far as I can tell.

to change HW ID on a windows device open regedit and go to the below path....

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\IDConfigDB\Hardware Profiles\0001

Change HW Profile Guid and reboot (typically just change the last few digits)

Im thinking of just reformating my computer all together after the ip swap, will this also reset the HWID?

9 minutes ago, Sb22 said:

Im thinking of just reformating my computer all together after the ip swap, will this also reset the HWID?

I dont honestly know, but I would think not and that it would be way more effort than needed when you can just change it yourself.  Your HWID is generated based of the hw in your computer your os and I believe product key used to activate.  If you use the built in windows refresh I would think it would be the same for sure.  Even if you do a full format of the HDD and and install fresh from a usb/cd technically you still have all the same HW and the same version of your OS so it could still be the same.  But again, without looking into it I cant say any of that for sure.

• Gunman locked this topic