What IF breaks don't matter?!

Hugo Vogels

Let's say they totally ignores breaks and only looks at what you are doing while logged in? I don't see any reason for them to look at how long people take breaks inbetween their runescape activities?

I've seen many people getting banned doing bots only like an hour per day but probably not doing anything else in between. I only got banned once on the bot-nuke patch a long long time ago and I never bot more than 2 hours in a row even with huge break in between.

For example:
Day 1: 2 hours agility botting -> 8 hour break -> 2 hours agility botting
Day 2: 2 hours agility botting -> 8 hour break -> 2 hours agility botting
Day 3: 2 hours agility botting -> 8 hour break -> 2 hours agility botting
= 1x 12 hour agility botting with high risk of getting flagged

But:
Day 1: 2 hour agility botting, 3 hours legit slayer, 2 hours agility botting and any quest
Day 2: 2 hour agility botting, 1 hour legit thieving, 1 hour legit woodcutting, 2 hours agility botting and any quest
Day 3: 2 hour agility botting, 3 hours legit slayer, 2 hours agility botting and any quest
= 6 x 2 hour agility botting with very low risk of getting flagged

Edited by Hugo Vogels

Well, heres my theory.

What if they have a large database of suspicious behaviour. Every suspicious action counts towards an X, once X reaches a set value, your account gets banned/locked. Every non-suspicious action reduces X.

From my own experience, using a very obvious bot-behaviour script for 20 minutes is fine. But using the same script for 2 hours gets the account banned. Even with break timers (e.g 2 hours play time over 8 hours). Using a non bot-behaviour script (In other words with actions that are not recognized as suspicious) for 4 days straight with no breaks other than resetting the script, account is still fine.

Another case that supports this theory: Bot '7qp quests' on my main, and the account is still fine to this day.

However, if I bot the same quests, in the same sequence/setup on a pretty fresh account, it gets banned within the hour. 

Obviously the script is detected, but perhaps my main has worked X down over the years.

5 hours ago, Chris050999 said:

Well, heres my theory.

What if they have a large database of suspicious behaviour. Every suspicious action counts towards an X, once X reaches a set value, your account gets banned/locked. Every non-suspicious action reduces X.

From my own experience, using a very obvious bot-behaviour script for 20 minutes is fine. But using the same script for 2 hours gets the account banned. Even with break timers (e.g 2 hours play time over 8 hours). Using a non bot-behaviour script (In other words with actions that are not recognized as suspicious) for 4 days straight with no breaks other than resetting the script, account is still fine.

Another case that supports this theory: Bot '7qp quests' on my main, and the account is still fine to this day.

However, if I bot the same quests, in the same sequence/setup on a pretty fresh account, it gets banned within the hour. 

Obviously the script is detected, but perhaps my main has worked X down over the years.

Well I think play time is a huge factor, if you played for 1000 hours then bot for 5 hours I don't think you'll get banned but a new account botting for an hour is already likely to get the banhammer :D

But does anyone have experience with taking many breaks and still getting banned?

So I'm a strong believer on when you hit so many "X"s as you are calling them. They ban you and playing legit does affect this. 

However I've just botted fishing salmon and trout on a brand new account for 72 hours. Botting for 4 breaking for 2. The only legit play I had before that was getting 1-30 Attack and Strength and completing 15 Beginner Clues. And getting over 7 QP (Under 15)

And I've rested this account for 3 days now and not been banned.

I think it depends on what you are doing and what script you are using. 

P2P vs F2P is a big factor too. Although my F2P bots can get from 1-85 Mining without being banned.

• 4 years later...