Residential IPs are absolutely necessary!

caketeaparty

So after extensive testing I've come to the conclusion there are two main factors that will determine how quickly you are detected and banned. The first is Mirror Mode, of course, but most scripts don't work well with it. Anyway, it's not the scripts, it's not the client, it's not account age or stats or any of that, these are all afterthoughts. The main thing that will prevent you getting banned right away is a Residential IP. If you can't use Mirror Mode (or equivalent on other clients), then Residential proxies are 100% mandatory, it's not even a debate. I've tested this with many bot clients including OSBot and almost every time I use a DCH proxy, that account will be banned in under 2 days in stealth injection. Using the same scripts on my home IP, nearly every account lasts a week, more often a month, or longer, and when they do get banned, it's a 2 day ban, rarely permanent. Even the godawful p****bot flies under the radar on home IPs for weeks at a time.

How could this be? We know certain types of IPs can get flagged, but more specifically, Jagex's system seems to flag your account for botwatch as soon as you connect with these flagged IPs, meaning botwatch will be analyzing your account at all times on types of IPs legitimate players never use. This would the reason why we get detected right away when we try to run scripts on any datacenter proxy. Residential IPs are used by every legit player and so botwatch is not analyzing accounts on Residential IPs 24/7, therefore we get away with running scripts until enough activity alerts Jagex's system. This is just my theory based on testing. I'm pretty sure a Residential IP can become flagged if enough bots are banned in association with it.

Now, besides the fact that botting on your home IP can get your real accounts chain-banned, after a few bots it's not scalable at all. Residential SOCKS proxies are extremely hard to come by, I've only found localproxies.com and a few RDP servers with residential ips as realistic options, but these are both very limiting because they're not static/dedicated, or the RDPs are scarce from sketchy providers.

Sure, it may be possible you can find datacenter proxies that will last your accounts at least a week, but I haven't had any luck finding them. Meanwhile, Residential IPs are literally the holy grail of botting.

If anyone knows a good source of dedicated Residential proxies or any other kind of proxy that works for that matter, please share it so we can at least break even on these overpriced bonds ?. I'll keep searching and testing.

On 4/12/2019 at 8:21 AM, UPTHEABRO said:

if you have good proxies your fine, if your buying dead or "flagged" proxies then your most likely detected as soon as you log in from that ip

I don't believe residential IPs are necessary at all, it is just placebo to some, some people think it helps, some it doesn't. It does most definitely help for creating accounts and botting them through tutorial island though

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 10:57 AM, TKEgold said:

Would any of you know how much data the average bot account uses per month?

99.9% of all Residential proxy providers have monthly data limits anywhere from 20GB - 1TB. 

How is it even feasible to run an entire bot farm on Residential with those limits and pricing from $400 - $5,000 / month. 

According to Proxifier, data transfer for Runescape after logging in is measured in KB. I doubt a few bots would run 1GB in an entire month. I never get extra data charges on mobile either, so it's pretty safe with low bandwidth.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:44 PM, godspower33 said:

I don't believe residential IPs are necessary at all, it is just placebo to some, some people think it helps, some it doesn't. It does most definitely help for creating accounts and botting them through tutorial island though

I know for a fact that my dynamic home IPs last much longer than on the datacenter IPs I've used, so it's definitely not a placebo. Maybe I've just been looking at the wrong providers. It seems like if you don't know where to look, residential is always better to go with for nearly guaranteed unflagged proxies. Virgin (never used) proxies might also bypass flagging, but they're pretty expensive as well.

Edited by caketeaparty

20 minutes ago, caketeaparty said:

According to Proxifier, data transfer for Runescape after logging in is measured in KB. I doubt a few bots would run 1GB in an entire month. I never get extra data charges on mobile either, so it's pretty safe with low bandwidth.

Yea, but running hundreds of accounts??. Thats a different story. 

1 hour ago, caketeaparty said:

I know for a fact that my dynamic home IPs last much longer than on the datacenter IPs I've used, so it's definitely not a placebo. Maybe I've just been looking at the wrong providers. It seems like if you don't know where to look, residential is always better to go with for nearly guaranteed unflagged proxies. Virgin (never used) proxies might also bypass flagging, but they're pretty expensive as well.

Meh I guess its debatable, my accounts last months on datacenter proxies. Really its the method that i'm gold farming that determiners how long my accounts last. I have some methods that last 3-6 months+, some last ~1-3 weeks