Does world hopping flag accounts?

luciuspragg

To keep it vague for my sake and his, the past few weeks I've been running bots through a relatively known area. I've noticed that there's one other player who seems to be there almost 24/7 and has been there the entire time I've been using the area. What is strange to me was that it didn't matter what world I was on or the time of day I was checking the bots, I'd eventually see him at some point during the session. I got curious last night and followed him around on another character and it appears that he's world hopping at random intervals of about 30 seconds to 20 minutes. 

Is anyone aware of what effects regular world hopping would have on the ban-rate of your bots? I would think that doing it too much would be a flag or not have too much effect. Maybe the guy has a decent script and is just paranoid.

Id' be very interested to hear what others think.

45 minutes ago, luciuspragg said:

To keep it vague for my sake and his, the past few weeks I've been running bots through a relatively known area. I've noticed that there's one other player who seems to be there almost 24/7 and has been there the entire time I've been using the area. What is strange to me was that it didn't matter what world I was on or the time of day I was checking the bots, I'd eventually see him at some point during the session. I got curious last night and followed him around on another character and it appears that he's world hopping at random intervals of about 30 seconds to 20 minutes. 

Is anyone aware of what effects regular world hopping would have on the ban-rate of your bots? I would think that doing it too much would be a flag or not have too much effect. Maybe the guy has a decent script and is just paranoid.

Id' be very interested to hear what others think.

World hopping doesn't flag anything. I run a farm where accounts hop worlds quite frequently & some have been going 24/7 for weeks straight.

Accounts that hop, and accounts that don't hop survive equally fine. It certainly doesn't flag anything, and the benefits are highly doubtful. Probably a case of tinfoil hat.

Some people say it helps avoid people reporting the bot, but as you've just witnessed yourself, you notice the character within a minute of him appearing on your world. So that benefit is also doubtful.

Edited by adjacent

3 hours ago, Juggles said:

Nah I don't think so. I have pretty good success with shop buying scripts that hop worlds 

Forgot about these.

3 hours ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

World hopping doesn't flag anything. I run a farm where accounts hop worlds quite frequently & some have been going 24/7 for weeks straight.

I'm not sure about the specifics of your farm so this might be a dumb question, but do you think that's more to do with your scripts, your method, or the fact that they're hopping so much?

3 hours ago, adjacent said:

Accounts that hop, and accounts that don't hop survive equally fine. It certainly doesn't flag anything, and the benefits are highly doubtful. Probably a case of tinfoil hat.

Some people say it helps avoid people reporting the bot, but as you've just witnessed yourself, you notice the character within a minute of him appearing on your world. So that benefit is also doubtful.

Been thinking it was more just a tinfoil hat thing, but you raise a good point with the reporting. However, the only reason I did notice him is because I'm sitting on a bunch of the worlds anyways. Would probably look like logging in and out to a regular player.

41 minutes ago, luciuspragg said:

Forgot about these.

I'm not sure about the specifics of your farm so this might be a dumb question, but do you think that's more to do with your scripts, your method, or the fact that they're hopping so much?

Been thinking it was more just a tinfoil hat thing, but you raise a good point with the reporting. However, the only reason I did notice him is because I'm sitting on a bunch of the worlds anyways. Would probably look like logging in and out to a regular player.

Well the only benefit I could see to hopping so much is that it gives people less of an opportunity to start conversation/figure out you're botting. For example: part of my farm is doing something that does NOT involve world hopping, but occasionally I'll check on them and in the chat box you'll see someone has said "reported for botting" or "are you a bot?" On my accounts that are constantly hopping - this never occurs.

But I think ban rates comes down to the script/quality of the script to be honest.

11 hours ago, luciuspragg said:

Regular players are mostly bored when grinding and pick up on little details like weird botlike stats almost instantly. Average OSRS players might be assholes, but they definitely aren't stupid.