Fire&forget Botfarm

Nor3g

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @Nor3g, interesting project you got going here! As my summer holiday just started, I was considering getting into the same thing. I am first getting to the basics of botting, making use of Google's VM's to get some initial accounts through tut island, unlock and some stats etc. However, since I am only interested in doing this for the cash, the long-term goal is an automated system such as the one you are proposing, to be able to have a low-effort constant monthly income. Because if it would not be low-effort, the initial investment would never be worth it.

Of course, I understand you would not give away any secrets. One thing I am curious about, how much time have you spent on it so far? 

5 hours ago, Parallax18 said:

Hi @Nor3g, interesting project you got going here! As my summer holiday just started, I was considering getting into the same thing. I am first getting to the basics of botting, making use of Google's VM's to get some initial accounts through tut island, unlock and some stats etc. However, since I am only interested in doing this for the cash, the long-term goal is an automated system such as the one you are proposing, to be able to have a low-effort constant monthly income. Because if it would not be low-effort, the initial investment would never be worth it.

Of course, I understand you would not give away any secrets. One thing I am curious about, how much time have you spent on it so far? 

2 months for a working program. No previous professional programming experience. It is more effort to run than what it would seem. I took a break for 2 months in the middle of the 6 months I've been going at it. Most of your time will be spent not building the initial setup, but maintenance and optimization. When I have everything working (I don't yet), I can scale it up until the GE prices starts to crash. Running enough bots, you will overwhelm the GE with the item you are trying to farm, tanking prices. This is the major issue with gold farming for me atm. 

EDIT: Say for example you had the theoretical monopoly on Coal ore in the game. It is one of the most traded items on the GE. In the last seven days, 224 Million coal ores were traded. In this scenario, all of this coal was bought by consumers to be manufactured into different items. They all bought it from you at the current GE price of 230 something gp each. That works out to about 15.5K each week, putting the total value on the coal trade at 60K USD a month, split that by say, 10 farms all farming it and it comes out to 6k USD a month. All of these assumptions are wildly unrealistic, so lets multiply that value by 0.2 and you have a measly 1200 USD for each farm. Nevermind the fact that with your entry into the market, you risk yet another price tank and then a war of attrition on who shuts down their farm first. I estimate that the total value of the OSRS gold market is less than what i anticipated when I got into it, but now I'm too deep in,  so I'll have to make it work. Im not saying it's not worth it, or that there isn't money to be made, but it might be less potential than what you think.

Edited by Nor3g

On 7/10/2019 at 5:50 PM, Nor3g said:

2 months for a working program. No previous professional programming experience. It is more effort to run than what it would seem. I took a break for 2 months in the middle of the 6 months I've been going at it. Most of your time will be spent not building the initial setup, but maintenance and optimization. When I have everything working (I don't yet), I can scale it up until the GE prices starts to crash. Running enough bots, you will overwhelm the GE with the item you are trying to farm, tanking prices. This is the major issue with gold farming for me atm. 

EDIT: Say for example you had the theoretical monopoly on Coal ore in the game. It is one of the most traded items on the GE. In the last seven days, 224 Million coal ores were traded. In this scenario, all of this coal was bought by consumers to be manufactured into different items. They all bought it from you at the current GE price of 230 something gp each. That works out to about 15.5K each week, putting the total value on the coal trade at 60K USD a month, split that by say, 10 farms all farming it and it comes out to 6k USD a month. All of these assumptions are wildly unrealistic, so lets multiply that value by 0.2 and you have a measly 1200 USD for each farm. Nevermind the fact that with your entry into the market, you risk yet another price tank and then a war of attrition on who shuts down their farm first. I estimate that the total value of the OSRS gold market is less than what i anticipated when I got into it, but now I'm too deep in,  so I'll have to make it work. Im not saying it's not worth it, or that there isn't money to be made, but it might be less potential than what you think.

2 months full time or how many hours a week approximately? 

Once I get into everything far enough and experimented with scripts we could potentially collaborate. Fortunately I have lots of experience in programming, originally learned Java as first programming language, and used lots of Python and Javascript at an almost professional level since I study computer science. But indeed my worries are regarding the bulk of work. For now I am first trying to figure out a reliable way to create accounts without them getting locked. 

• 1 month later...

So the things I've been fixing lately:

Found proxy vendor that gives one IP with two ports to be able to create accounts via Http and play them on SOCKS via the same IP. This way I hope to not need an account unlocker.

Implemented proxy system for mules to safeguard funds. Profits atm is 267$/m for the 70 bots after costs. With the new proxy system I hope to reduce the banrate of the mules to get a nice 300+$/m.

Plans for the future:

Buy up to three more servers with the same profitability. 

Longterm: Automate sale of gold. Example:
Make a deal with one of the major gold selling websites and setup a server where they can connect and enter in their world and playername when they receive an email from the farm manager that it has x amount of coins to sell. mule coin value >= 10m logs in and trades over its cash to the website representative. 
This can potential reduce loss due to bans because I can't be online 24/7 and sell all the gold. The downsides is that my operation might be too small to make it worthwhile for the gold selling website, and offering a discount will nullify the gain. The upside is that it takes out all the work from the operation so that I literally don't have to do anything at all to have it run. 

As this project is nearing completion code-wise I have shifted my focus to learn python and machine learning. This project has been a great introduction to programming and I feel like I have laid the groundwork for actually becoming a professional programmer. Next year I will start at a University to study computer science and hopefully gold prices haven't dropped to RS3 levels by then so I can count on my farm to pay for some of my expenses!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...