Digital Ocean and account locks

belurking1

After multiple testings, I came to the conclusion that any of my accounts who logs on a VPS hosted by Digitalocean.com gets locked within 1 hour.

Tested multiple scripts, even tried different bot client... I can create the account on the VPS and then just bot the tutorial and everything on my PC and it doesn't happen. I literally have 1 account still running after 48hr straight no locks no bans that was created on VPS but 100% logged on home IP.

Tried new droplets (for new IP) and same thing. Tried creating account on home IP and do the botting on VPS and it gets locked. So anything that logs INGAME on DigitalOcean VPS gets locked.

Happened to anyone else ?

https://i.imgur.com/iKSo6Tx.pngiKSo6Tx.png

iKSo6Tx.png

Edited by belurking1

5 minutes ago, ezpz1234 said:

Do you know the location of the vps'? Im curious if your home ip is in a different country as this would definetly cause the locks. And you've been botting 48 hours straight with no breaks on 1 account?

Same country yes, using Toronto VPS on Digital Ocean.

Also tried using New York VPS, same results.

And yes, the account was just banned RIGHT NOW, got almost 70 in a highly populated "mass farm" spot as it was just testing

DO is used by a lot of farmers due to it being basically free.

Jagex most likely put more focus on accounts that connect using DO IP adresses.

I wouldn't recommend making the accounts on a datacenter IP, which means you should probably invest in residential proxies or smth like that.

Edited by Medusaa

15 minutes ago, Medusaa said:

DO is used by a lot of farmers due to it being basically free.

Jagex most likely put more focus on accounts that connect using DO IP adresses.

I wouldn't recommend making the accounts on a datacenter IP, which means you should probably invest in residential proxies or smth like that.

But even making my accounts on a residential proxy (my home) but botting on the VPS will get it locked.

I also tried making the account at home, botting tut 7QP at home, rest 2 hours, connect on VPS and it got locked in 5 minutes.

Making the accounts on the VPS but botting tut 7qp and everything on home IP = no locks.

So basically I could use DO as VPS but retoute to a residential proxy (I could try using my own home IP) 

2 minutes ago, belurking1 said:

But even making my accounts on a residential proxy (my home) but botting on the VPS will get it locked.

I also tried making the account at home, botting tut 7QP at home, rest 2 hours, connect on VPS and it got locked in 5 minutes.

Making the accounts on the VPS but botting tut 7qp and everything on home IP = no locks.

So basically I could use DO as VPS but retoute to a residential proxy (I could try using my own home IP) 

You have to think of a VPS as (example) your schools wifi.

You're not the only one connected to it (Not the important part), and you don't have your own IP address.

All DO IP's are re-used, meaning if one person got banned on RS using that IP, it'll be logged, and they can tell that you're using an IP with 1 banned account.

Because DO is so popular, the IP you're using most likely has a lot of bans, or people have used them to try and hijack other peoples accounts, causing your accounts to get locked.

Edited by Medusaa

7 minutes ago, belurking1 said:

just register ur acc and unlock it from do side no more locks

22 minutes ago, UPTHEABRO said:

just register ur acc and unlock it from do side no more locks

Which means I need real emails for all accounts ?

28 minutes ago, Medusaa said:

You have to think of a VPS as (example) your schools wifi.

You're not the only one connected to it (Not the important part), and you don't have your own IP address.

All DO IP's are re-used, meaning if one person got banned on RS using that IP, it'll be logged, and they can tell that you're using an IP with 1 banned account.

Because DO is so popular, the IP you're using most likely has a lot of bans, or people have used them to try and hijack other peoples accounts, causing your accounts to get locked.

Makes sense. I just have lot of credits to use so I decided to try it out but failed pretty hard. Good thing I decided to wait on VIP :) Until I figure something. I wouldn't pay their 40$/month server to run a couple bots that's for sure and anything besides the 4vCPUs package my process get killed for using too much CPU (maxed).

7 minutes ago, belurking1 said:

Which means I need real emails for all accounts ?

Makes sense. I just have lot of credits to use so I decided to try it out but failed pretty hard. Good thing I decided to wait on VIP :) Until I figure something. I wouldn't pay their 40$/month server to run a couple bots that's for sure and anything besides the 4vCPUs package my process get killed for using too much CPU (maxed).

Don't bother unlocking accounts. You can only do so many unlocks from one IP anyway.

If you want to create accounts you'll need proxies, VPS isn't good for botting tutorial. 2 accounts created per IP max.

40 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

Don't bother unlocking accounts. You can only do so many unlocks from one IP anyway.

If you want to create accounts you'll need proxies, VPS isn't good for botting tutorial. 2 accounts created per IP max.

I just want VPS for more ressources. I think I'll just use all my VPS credits and find another provider. With these credits, I'll try to route them through proxy and see... I just hate spending dollars everywhere and keep failing

3 hours ago, belurking1 said:

I just want VPS for more ressources. I think I'll just use all my VPS credits and find another provider. With these credits, I'll try to route them through proxy and see... I just hate spending dollars everywhere and keep failing

you can link asmany accounts to one email