I've been writing scripts I want to start monetizing

fredmeep

2 hours ago, fredmeep said:

Like I said, I don't claim to have developed some novel, revolutionary method. In fact, I got my inspiration from someone on youtube, but I've taken it a lot farther than him. Most of my methods are similar to methods that were popularized 10 years ago and are pretty outdated today. But the fact is that Jagex simply doesn't really look for these methods anymore. They are more focused on bot farms that use the main botting clients. I'm not surprised that other people are using the same methods I use. But take, for example, my barbarian fishing script. It uses the vanilla client. It checks every 10 seconds to see if you are still fishing. If you are still fishing, it waits another 10 seconds. If you are not fishing, it stabilizes the camera angle and searches for a new fishing spot. It checks to see if your inventory is full. If it isn't it will click the new fishing spot. If it is, it will shift-drop the 27 fish and then click the new fishing spot, and repeat ad-infinitum. I doubt that there are many other people using macro programs and shitty mouse recorders to write multi-dimensional scripts like that, but I am sure there are a few people out there.

Can you point me in the direction of this website you're talking about though? I really want to see it. If you don't want to post it, pm me. I'll pm you right now, just respond with the link please.

Pmd

On 11/21/2018 at 12:58 AM, fredmeep said:

Thanks for your interest. Hopefully I can get something off the ground, because although I have been doing this for a few months just for my own use, I have been getting the feeling that not trying to capitalize on this would be a waste. Especially with the influx of mobile users, this is a very healthy game, and there is money to be made here.  The funny thing is that I by no means consider myself a programmer, although I know html/css to a degree, I have never developed software, and when I look at scripts on this site I think "Yeah I can't do that." My system is simplistic compared to developing within the osbot api. If I can do this, any nerdy 90's kid can do this.

Editing to add second paragraph: 

And that makes me want to add a point. I don't claim my scripts are better than the ones on the market. In fact, they're probably considerably worse than most of these official osbot scripts. However, they get the job done. And they are extremely safe in comparison. I'll never be able to write a script for Zulrah, for example. But I can still do many things. I don't want to step on anyone's toes. You all are doing great work. But I know for a fact that Jagex has the ability to detect bot clients, so if you want to bot a more simple activity that can be done using a normal client, you should opt for the normal client.

I am interested in learning to write scripts and your process sounds intriguing. i have 0 skill as of right now, so I don't want to waste your time. I just wondered how you learned to write these scripts? I got a temp ban on my main, which probably means no botting forever on it, but I am trying to figure out how to bot on some noob that I may turn into my main without ban. Any hints on how to learn to write these scripts? Thanks if you have the time :)