Mirror mode less bans?

remsheep

Hi, I've recently returned to osrs after playing on my mobile. I made several accounts and bought various scripts and ran them on different accounts for varying time periods. I've had 4 accounts banned in a week and one still standing, which I don't bot on anymore and turned into my main. However, my main was botted for around 6 hours a day last week in F2P and hasnt been banned. My alts which have botted some for 2 hours, have been banned straight away.

I'm wondering what mirror mode is exactly and will this reduce the risk of getting detected? I don't currently have VIP yet.

Your accounts probably got banned as I'm guessing you made fresh alts and started to bot on them straight away from level 3 without resting them, lvling them or doing any quests?

You main account is more likely to survive and has down to 'not looking like a botted account' due to quests, total level, general gameplay etc. These are just some reasons why account tend to survive longer.

Mirror mode is personal preference, I don't really believe anything like that works/impacts but others do.

16 minutes ago, remsheep said:

Pretty much correct, apart from one account where I must of had 12 hours of botting over a weekend. Likely I was reported for thieving silk stalls in members. I'll see how this week goes until I make more accounts.

I'll try some light botting tonight at work on my current main.

You using proxies or botting all under your main IP?

Yeah you should definitely make some accounts and rest them for a period of time, whilst doing some small training/questing as this would help the accounts last longer.

I'm gonna give you some input on this, I was really wondering if jagex could detect bot clients, especially a really popular one like osbot.

I've been using the following and haven't gotten any ban on any of my accounts (though I do not macro too often):
RSPeer
rsKombat
Random Mouse Clicker
AutoHotKey
Ghost mouse
SRL/Simba/Aero (1-2 years ago)
vInsert (4-5 years ago)

Lately, I've wanted to max my main account on the side with a bot while I play my ironman. I decided to go with OSBOT and stealth injection mode while only using low banrate (example: afkish) premium scripts.

I would have not been surprised if I was banned in just a day or two, but now I've been botting for like 10 hours a day all week and I haven't gotten any kind of ban or warning.

This means to me, that at the very least, OSBOT's injection client is not detectable. Its likely that only the script you use can be detected. I can't speak for other bot's clients though.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:15 AM, remsheep said:

Hi, I've recently returned to osrs after playing on my mobile. I made several accounts and bought various scripts and ran them on different accounts for varying time periods. I've had 4 accounts banned in a week and one still standing, which I don't bot on anymore and turned into my main. However, my main was botted for around 6 hours a day last week in F2P and hasnt been banned. My alts which have botted some for 2 hours, have been banned straight away.

I'm wondering what mirror mode is exactly and will this reduce the risk of getting detected? I don't currently have VIP yet.

you should be really careful, if you get banned one time on your IP, it will flag you and possibly ban you if you're not even botting.

Another possibility is that jagex can detect your HWID (at least they could in 2011) and ban you based off of what computer you use. If someone has reverse engineered the client and figured out whether or not this is true; feel free to correct me.

Edited by kawaiine

53 minutes ago, kawaiine said:

you should be really careful, if you get banned one time on your IP, it will flag you and possibly ban you if you're not even botting.

Another possibility is that jagex can detect your HWID (at least they could in 2011) and ban you based off of what computer you use. If someone has reverse engineered the client and figured out whether or not this is true; feel free to correct me.

They certainly do not ban your account if you are not botting, even on a flagged IP. I very much doubt they go as far a checking your HWID. I've been banned before on my own pc's and just started over without a problem. I didn't change my IP or HWID. Simply not botting from the get go increases your chances of survival a lot.

4 hours ago, sjerdo said:

They certainly do not ban your account if you are not botting, even on a flagged IP. I very much doubt they go as far a checking your HWID. I've been banned before on my own pc's and just started over without a problem. I didn't change my IP or HWID. Simply not botting from the get go increases your chances of survival a lot.

well I haven't been banned and I macro on a couple accounts so I'm just guessing. I've seen reports of people getting banned on flagged ips