Accounts being locked after selling them.

Raguto

I'm sure you guys have read and responded to this many times but, what's the best way I can prevent accounts I sell to other people from being locked? This is not a bot operation, I am not botting. I have noticed accounts I sell that I leave F2P and don't train very much are the ones that get locked, but if I spend a few days training an account and get it members then once it is sold and the other person logs in it doesn't get locked. Thoughts on how to prevent it altogether?

8 minutes ago, Raguto said:

I'm sure you guys have read and responded to this many times but, what's the best way I can prevent accounts I sell to other people from being locked? This is not a bot operation, I am not botting. I have noticed accounts I sell that I leave F2P and don't train very much are the ones that get locked, but if I spend a few days training an account and get it members then once it is sold and the other person logs in it doesn't get locked. Thoughts on how to prevent it altogether?

Don't really want to exposed methods, but you can recover the locked account. If you're not botting a ton of a accounts, just link it to a trash email and if it gets locked recover it. It takes about 30 seconds to recover the locked account.

Once you recover it, never will be locked again.

Since you're selling: A trash email is perfect, you can provide it to your customers so they can register their own email and they can access it. Can use something like Guerilla mail

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

5 minutes ago, Raguto said:

Where is the IP that you are training them on based? Your customers will need to use an IP from the same location to get around locks. 

I'd really rather not go with buying a bond for each account especially since it takes out of the overall profit I'm going to gain when the account has sold, if all it takes is 1 lock and then it won't lock again that is good but the locking would still occur, my IP is coming out of Brazil. So they would need to be told that I'm using a Brazilian IP and they would need to then connect to a Brazil IP using a VPN?

1 minute ago, Raguto said:

I'd really rather not go with buying a bond for each account especially since it takes out of the overall profit I'm going to gain when the account has sold, if all it takes is 1 lock and then it won't lock again that is good but the locking would still occur, my IP is coming out of Brazil. So they would need to be told that I'm using a Brazilian IP and they would need to then connect to a Brazil IP using a VPN?

I've only ever had problems with f2p accs. Never had problems after putting only 3m on them, then selling for 50m+ whats $3 when you are getting around $40 profit? I also make sure i give them the email account created with the rs account. That way they can reset password on their ip.

Edited by RawrChad

7 minutes ago, jca said:

Where is the IP that you are training them on based? Your customers will need to use an IP from the same location to get around locks. 

I run a bot farm where half the accounts aren't made in the USA and I'm from the US. I never get locks at all? I don't know how accurate this is, but I can make my accounts on proxies from the UK or China and never get locked.

My only experience with locks were when you switch the creation IP from the one you use to bot tutorial in game. After tutorial I can use any proxy I want and the accounts never get locked.

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

8 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

I run a bot farm where half the accounts aren't made in the USA and I'm from the US. I never get locks at all? I don't know how accurate this is, but I can make my accounts on proxies from the UK or China and never get locked.

My only experience with locks were when you switch the creation IP from the one you use to bot tutorial in game. After tutorial I can use any proxy I want and the accounts never get locked.

The difference between free to play accounts and pay to play.... 

11 minutes ago, RawrChad said:

I've only ever had problems with f2p accs. Never had problems after putting only 3m on them, then selling for 50m+ whats $3 when you are getting around $40 profit? I also make sure i give them the email account created with the rs account. That way they can reset password on their ip.

Yeah, I agree, I would use a bond on accounts that I plan to train high stats on that would sell for that much, but for accounts that are not worth even using a bond on, like an account that sells for 5m-10m then no. 

3 minutes ago, jca said:

The difference between free to play accounts and pay to play.... 

Ayeee 100th post ?

What difference? My members method can only be botted on so many accounts, I have half of my farm in F2P and never experience locks unless what I stated above ?

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

6 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

Ayeee 100th post ?

What difference? My members method can only be botted on so many accounts, I have half of my farm in F2P and never experience locks unless what I stated above ?

It's good you found a method that works for you... however you're the first person I've spoken to in perhaps a year that has being able to avoid locks like this. 

Out of my experience with many 1000s of accounts this is how it works ?

7 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

Ayeee 100th post ?

From what I've experienced it is much simpler than how you stated, I don't mess with my IP, I just create an account, go train it to say 40 woodcutting and then sell it, the moment they try to login it gets locked.

18 minutes ago, Raguto said:

From what I've experienced it is much simpler than how you stated, I don't mess with my IP, I just create an account, go train it to say 40 woodcutting and then sell it, the moment they try to login it gets locked.

ohhhh --> yea those types of accs bot on home ip. dont do proxy. thats my guess why they are getting locked. Cause anytime i use a proxy lock. Mirror officia client no lock --> unless on proxy thats not residential. 

Edited by RawrChad