To all you tech people

xRanger

9 hours ago, Hi G00gle said:

Ever cleared the dust from the inside? An external fan is not going to do anything if the heat cannot go out.

Clearly you know more than I do, but this laptop is quite old and think I'm just going to have a fresh start at a new one, now I'm looking at this laptop, keep in mind I only use it for osrs runelite client. I do not bot at all, so I don't need some crazy processor or anything. And trying to keep at a decent price range. Is this a decent laptop or do you have any suggestions at a decent laptop? 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-330-15igm-15-6-laptop-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-platinum-gray/6221788.p?skuId=6221788&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=333&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjduZq93v3QIVjpJ-Ch2BPQX1EAQYAyABEgLc3PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

6 hours ago, Valiant One said:

Could be fan failure or like people said, dust clogging shit up. Be careful when disassembling, there can be small cables there that have very fragile connectors.

Or this one 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6-laptop-amd-a6-series-4gb-memory-amd-radeon-r4-1tb-hard-drive-hp-finish-in-jet-black-with-a-maglia-texture/6240847.p?skuId=6240847&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItvzx1d_v3QIVhNdkCh3BVg4nEAQYCyABEgKaNvD_BwE

Edited by xRanger

27 minutes ago, xRanger said:

Clearly you know more than I do, but this laptop is quite old and think I'm just going to have a fresh start at a new one, now I'm looking at this laptop, keep in mind I only use it for osrs runelite client. I do not bot at all, so I don't need some crazy processor or anything. And trying to keep at a decent price range. Is this a decent laptop or do you have any suggestions at a decent laptop? 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-330-15igm-15-6-laptop-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-platinum-gray/6221788.p?skuId=6221788&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=333&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjduZq93v3QIVjpJ-Ch2BPQX1EAQYAyABEgLc3PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Or this one 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6-laptop-amd-a6-series-4gb-memory-amd-radeon-r4-1tb-hard-drive-hp-finish-in-jet-black-with-a-maglia-texture/6240847.p?skuId=6240847&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItvzx1d_v3QIVhNdkCh3BVg4nEAQYCyABEgKaNvD_BwE

As for the first notebook, it's a barebone; which means you will have to add the hardware to it, which eventually will add up to a entire new laptop. Seeing as it's DDR4, the price will be way higher then a older aged laptop (DDR3). What is your current budget on spending on a new laptop if you were to look for one? If you can easily clear this one from dust, I would always go for that option first.

2 hours ago, Hi G00gle said:

As for the first notebook, it's a barebone; which means you will have to add the hardware to it, which eventually will add up to a entire new laptop. Seeing as it's DDR4, the price will be way higher then a older aged laptop (DDR3). What is your current budget on spending on a new laptop if you were to look for one? If you can easily clear this one from dust, I would always go for that option first.

I took my current one apart and cleared all dust using the air can, and its still doing it. I think I'm just ready to get a new one. Budget is 300ish for now but as said, I'm looking for a basic computer to play osrs on, not bots of anything crazy. 

I literally did laptop repairs for 2 years. 9/10 times when a customer like you came in all we did was:

1. Completely Unscrew laptop ( Do not do this if you have never done it before, you will break/Snap something. )
  2. Clean out the fan
  3. Apply new Thermal Cooling paste to the CPU ( This is what is causing your computer to shutdown ) 

As an alternative you should go to a computer repair store and say
" Hey can you apply new Thermal paste to my laptop CPU "
And they will say
"Sure that'll be $90 "

1 hour ago, Elixar said:

I literally did laptop repairs for 2 years. 9/10 times when a customer like you came in all we did was:

1. Completely Unscrew laptop ( Do not do this if you have never done it before, you will break/Snap something. )
  2. Clean out the fan
  3. Apply new Thermal Cooling paste to the CPU ( This is what is causing your computer to shutdown ) 

As an alternative you should go to a computer repair store and say
" Hey can you apply new Thermal paste to my laptop CPU "
And they will say
"Sure that'll be $90 "

I got it a part and working now after some researching it. Now my trackpad is "glitchy" lol but hey at least it don't auto shut off now and get hot. Just using wireless mouse now