Main + Mirror + VPN

dd6231

Hi guys, recently got back into OSRS after about a 10 year break on a fresh account, played it for about a month and done a fair bit of content, getting to 850 total. 

Back in the day, I always botted, but have been doing research for getting a bot running on this main and was wondering how a VPN + mirror could help?

I already own a VPN which I pay for monthly and have done for a couple of years.

Using a VPN would obviously alter my location + IP, would this cause a flag? A sudden alter of IP? Or should I just not use a VPN and go for it with mirror mode. Plan on watching the bot and doing all the things to make it not obvious and all that.  Willing to take my chances on that front, but was wondering if a VPN would possibly be counter intuitive.

Thanks. 

Look around in the forums, Alek, a developer actually has some info on this. Botting, no matter how you do it, is bannable. The thing is that you have to find something that has a low ban rate, with a your own setup. For example, right now, my agility bots are getting detected and banned fast af, but somehow, in my main, with no mirror mode or anything, I just got 99 str

1) first and foremost - if you really care about the account then just don't bot on it. you will most likely get caught, especially if you're just getting back into it and you probably won't know how to bot smart right now.

2) a VPN shouldn't raise/lower the chances of you getting banned if you only plan on using one account. the reason you'd want accounts on different IPs is if you're running multiple accounts and don't want to raise suspicion by having them all on the same IP. mainly in order to cut ties between accounts, which should prevent a possible chain ban and also to not appear as a farm of some sort.

3) something that you MIGHT gain if you do bot on a completely different IP is that in case the account gets banned it will be more likely possible to submit a successful appeal and quash the ban (if you submit the appeal using your original IP, and not the one you botted on)

15 minutes ago, x2xconkerx2x said:

Look around in the forums, Alek, a developer actually has some info on this. Botting, no matter how you do it, is bannable. The thing is that you have to find something that has a low ban rate, with a your own setup. For example, right now, my agility bots are getting detected and banned fast af, but somehow, in my main, with no mirror mode or anything, I just got 99 str

I have been looking around, just everyone seems to be using the client, and there is little to no info on Mirror.  Again, obviously no-one knows when a ban will hit, but it's a risk I'm willing to take, and I'm sure many others are.

12 minutes ago, myOSBaccount said:

1) first and foremost - if you really care about the account then just don't bot on it. you will most likely get caught, especially if you're just getting back into it and you probably won't know how to bot smart right now.

2) a VPN shouldn't raise/lower the chances of you getting banned if you only plan on using one account. the reason you'd want accounts on different IPs is if you're running multiple accounts and don't want to raise suspicion by having them all on the same IP. mainly in order to cut ties between accounts, which should prevent a possible chain ban and also to not appear as a farm of some sort.

3) something that you MIGHT gain if you do bot on a completely different IP is that in case the account gets banned it will be more likely possible to submit a successful appeal and quash the ban (if you submit the appeal using your original IP, and not the one you botted on)

3) is a very valid point.  Cheers. I guess the only way to go about it would be to entirely swap to botting and regular play on a different IP, as swapping back and forth would look somewhat suspicious in itself.

43 minutes ago, dd6231 said:

I have been looking around, just everyone seems to be using the client, and there is little to no info on Mirror.  Again, obviously no-one knows when a ban will hit, but it's a risk I'm willing to take, and I'm sure many others are.

3) is a very valid point.  Cheers. I guess the only way to go about it would be to entirely swap to botting and regular play on a different IP, as swapping back and forth would look somewhat suspicious in itself.

i'd say that 1 and 2 are also rather valid points.

as far as 1 goes - if you expect to be able to bot now the same as you used to bot back in the day (i used to bot back then as well) you are about to be hit by the ban hammer. just play legit on your main with your real IP and experiment with botting on different accounts using the VPN

2 hours ago, myOSBaccount said:

i'd say that 1 and 2 are also rather valid points.

as far as 1 goes - if you expect to be able to bot now the same as you used to bot back in the day (i used to bot back then as well) you are about to be hit by the ban hammer. just play legit on your main with your real IP and experiment with botting on different accounts using the VPN

They are, but points i'm more than well aware of.  I am more than happy to risk my new main.  I don't have the time like I used to have.  Anyway, thanks for some input, was helpful.

Edited by dd6231
wrong

I wouldn't bother using a vpn. There is no real reason to, the only benefit is if you were dumb and over botted yourself to a ban it *could* help your appeal.

As for mirror mode, its nice. It's a extra layer and I find it does help delay/lower bans. Mirror mode can only help if you are using good scripts though. Don't download and use free scripts with 10k users and expect to keep your account. Paid and especially private scripts are the best option to lower ban rates.

Lastly, breaks are super important. I used to be able to run a bot 10 hours a day back then and never have issues but just a hour too much now days will cost you. Bot like you would play the game, don't go from being able to do a repetitive task for an hour to botting it for 4 hours straight.

Ultimately, these are just my opinions. Even if you do everything perfect you will get a ban someday, may not be today or the next but it will happen so be prepared for that if you are going to bot.

4 hours ago, bkg said:

I wouldn't bother using a vpn. There is no real reason to, the only benefit is if you were dumb and over botted yourself to a ban it *could* help your appeal.

As for mirror mode, its nice. It's a extra layer and I find it does help delay/lower bans. Mirror mode can only help if you are using good scripts though. Don't download and use free scripts with 10k users and expect to keep your account. Paid and especially private scripts are the best option to lower ban rates.

Lastly, breaks are super important. I used to be able to run a bot 10 hours a day back then and never have issues but just a hour too much now days will cost you. Bot like you would play the game, don't go from being able to do a repetitive task for an hour to botting it for 4 hours straight.

Ultimately, these are just my opinions. Even if you do everything perfect you will get a ban someday, may not be today or the next but it will happen so be prepared for that if you are going to bot.

Nice one.  The plan was to never leave the bot and take hours and days without playing.

Thanks for your input.