More Lenient with Botting?

DeadSwap

13 minutes ago, Sky said:

Are you saying that RS3 people don't use bonds? 

no?

im saying that your statement that osrs makes them nowhere near as much money as rs3 is wrong

even if we ignore that running rs3 costs a lot more due to more staff, you can just look at the numbers.

osrs is like 60-70% of the playerbase so obviously they bring in a lot more subscription revenue (which is jagex biggest revenue source) and since bonds are micro transactions and we know that bonds are also widely used in osrs means that a noticeable part of that revenue has to come from osrs aswell.

rs membership is 11$ a month so whales using microtransactions isnt that huge for jagex as it is for f2p mobile games where 100s of players per whale pay literally nothing at all

2 hours ago, ez11 said:

no?

im saying that your statement that osrs makes them nowhere near as much money as rs3 is wrong

even if we ignore that running rs3 costs a lot more due to more staff, you can just look at the numbers.

osrs is like 60-70% of the playerbase so obviously they bring in a lot more subscription revenue (which is jagex biggest revenue source) and since bonds are micro transactions and we know that bonds are also widely used in osrs means that a noticeable part of that revenue has to come from osrs aswell.

rs membership is 11$ a month so whales using microtransactions isnt that huge for jagex as it is for f2p mobile games where 100s of players per whale pay literally nothing at all

The subscription revue difference would only be around 9-11 million in your graph & statement. 

Taking this graph of bonds traded per year makes up for about 7 Million dollars. 

GeCMxYk.png

OSRS bonds are the only MTX I know of. Unless theres something else that makes a 20 Million dollar difference between MTX revenue. 

Meaning RS3 Makes 9-11 million dollars more then OSRS. 

Don't underestimate the whales. 

SZIUVb5.png

Take it lightly since I couldn't grab 2018 profit numbers or 2016 bond numbers it's an unequal comparison, but the idea is still the same. 

9 hours ago, Sky said:

The subscription revue difference would only be around 9-11 million in your graph & statement. 

Taking this graph of bonds traded per year makes up for about 7 Million dollars. 

GeCMxYk.png

OSRS bonds are the only MTX I know of. Unless theres something else that makes a 20 Million dollar difference between MTX revenue. 

Meaning RS3 Makes 9-11 million dollars more then OSRS. 

Don't underestimate the whales. 

SZIUVb5.png

Take it lightly since I couldn't grab 2018 profit numbers or 2016 bond numbers it's an unequal comparison, but the idea is still the same. 

even with that 10million difference osrs wouldnt be irrelevant (40m revenue from rs3 vs 30m revenue from osrs)

But those numbers are also revenue not profits so i dont think its unreasonable to assume that osrs is just as profitable as rs3 due to have a lot less staff, especially since most the numbers are just guesses

30 minutes ago, ez11 said:

even with that 10million difference osrs wouldnt be irrelevant (40m revenue from rs3 vs 30m revenue from osrs)

But those numbers are also revenue not profits so i dont think its unreasonable to assume that osrs is just as profitable as rs3 due to have a lot less staff, especially since most the numbers are just guesses

10 million would be about 15% difference. Kinda big. When I said they have bigger plans it's either how to attract players to the lesser community that makes more per player or add MTX  to osrs.

Even MMK stated that they are being increasingly pressured to increase revenue for OSRS. (Also stating to stay as far away from MTX for as long as possible tyjfc)

Btw you can go see all their listed salaries. It's really not that big.

On 5/15/2018 at 2:00 AM, ez11 said:

Also hard to find anyone willing to even work for jagex for mediocre pay

^

RS3 Makes more money than OSRS. That's why they have a bigger team plain and simple. 

It's exactly how they broke profit records with 50k actives (rn idk average) even though they boasted 200k+ active players daily all those years ago. 

OSRS has potential to make more money but as of right now RS3 be killin it fam.