Machine Learning & ANN

Super

Anyone here into machine learning and artificial neural networks?

I just bought 2 books and plan on diving into them

Make Your Own Neural Network by Tariq Rashid
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to buld Intelligent Systems by Aurelien Geron

Anyone know any other good books I should read? Possibly good youtube vids as well

Edited by superuser

3 minutes ago, superuser said:

anyone here into machine learning and artificial neural networks?

i just bought 2 books and plan on diving into them
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems by Aurélien Géron

anyone know any other good books I should read? possibly good youtube vids as well

Yeah I'm interested in the topic. I've played with some basic Machine Learning stuff in Python, including a tiny bit of Neural Networks.

I suggest you to not learn with books. Look for something you want to do with your neural net (in my case I started with face recognition in pictures and am now working on a self driving car)

You should learn the math behind it first and stuff, then over to optimization and so on.

I can really recommend you 'sentdex' who created some really interesting things.

Also, once you have a bit of knowledge go look at the structures of different neural networks from different companies (google, facebook, nvidia), how many layers they use, how many neurons per layer, which optimizer bla bla bla.

Apart from that, I recommend you, you look for something you'd like to create and then google a net for it. There will nearly always be a neural net for it which you can modify understand and thus learn doing them yourself.

If you haven't decided on a framework I strongly recommend you TensorFlow or Keras

If you have any more explicit questions you may ask me in PM if you want.

Edited by goldKeeper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, superuser said:

Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to buld Intelligent Systems by Aurelien Geron

Anyone know any other good books I should read? Possibly good youtube vids as well

I've followed a course to become a basic (big) data practitioner. This includes machine learning as well. I haven't read any books but I've learned from tutorials and available Jupyter notebooks :) .

Edited by Eagle Scripts
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, goldKeeper said:

I suggest you to not learn with books. Look for something you want to do with your neural net (in my case I started with face recognition in pictures and am now working on a self driving car)

You should learn the math behind it first and stuff, then over to optimization and so on.

I can really recommend you 'sentdex' who created some really interesting things.

Also, once you have a bit of knowledge go look at the structures of different neural networks from different companies (google, facebook, nvidia), how many layers they use, how many neurons per layer, which optimizer bla bla bla.

Apart from that, I recommend you, you look for something you'd like to create and then google a net for it. There will nearly always be a neural net for it which you can modify understand and thus learn doing them yourself.

If you haven't decided on a framework I strongly recommend you TensorFlow or Keras

If you have any more explicit questions you may ask me in PM if you want.

the first book i listed teaches the basics with recognizing numbers that are pictures. it includes the math and basic stucture using python.

the second book goes into depth with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow which will be the frameworks i'll be using/learning.

both are hands on books and they break things down into an easy to handle approach without overwelming the reader.

so far i'm understanding everything in the first book but it's good to know i have someone i can ask if i need help (which is one of the reasons i started this thread)

edit: i do plan on checking out some open source ANN's when i know enough, but i'll cross that bridge when i get to it :)

Edited by superuser

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

Artificial Intelligence A Modern Approach - Stuart J. Russell , Peter Norvig

The Master Algorithm - Pedro Domingos

2 books currently reading and yet to complete.

Thanks! I'll check em out

1 hour ago, Eagle Scripts said:

I've followed a course to become a basic (big) data practitioner. This includes machine learning as well. I haven't read any books but I've learned from tutorials and available Jupyter notebooks :) .

i've never used Jupyter notebooks, i'll have to check em out. thanks!

• Like 1

Data Forecaster & Predictive Modeling Engineer here : 

Prerequisites for being successful on making your own models : linear algebra, statistics (lv 3 or higher), not necessary, but helpful

https://www.udemy.com/machinelearning/

https://www.udemy.com/deeplearning/

Popular packages I use : XGBoost, H2O, Keras, Tensorflow, Prophet

No math required, no programming required.. They teach you the high level concepts from start to finish simply and show you how to code each kind of model from the ground up!

4 hours ago, superuser said:

check out the courses on udacity, they have loads of ML and AI courses

I took a machline learning one aimed at financial trading, was very informative