[Log] [Attempt #3] Starting Up A Bot Farm From Scratch

SqueezeTheorem

• 6 months later...

ive also been getting into this recently I don't know how to write scripts in java yet, as I play diablo2 but I have 25 bots going on there @ all times so im sure I can learn with the right person explaining shit in laments, plus I hate reading a boring synapsis, mostly im curious on your progress as ive done most of this manually, switching scripts grated its the ones I payed for on OS bot, and I still get banned I was able to log in via remote control and even break manually and switch scripts manually, it seems mostly that you just in fact cant do anything for more then a couple hours at least till the account has an all around level of 30-40 once you get there and get past a 2 week mark, it seems like just getting use to the bot logging in at different times every day for the most part, and breaking at different times, also making sure your session is some times say.. 1:45, and some are 2:30, and maybe throw in some 30 min manually play for quests, that atleast worked for my I also have another friend who did the same, got everything to 40-50 then went ham on 90+ fishing, botting 12-18 hours a day and not getting the hammer, so it seems like it is all mostly luck based past a certain extent

On 3/24/2018 at 12:01 AM, SqueezeTheorem said:

Update: I'm exploring the idea of what I'm calling an "autonomous bot" for my farm.  

From my research, it's clear a key component of BotWatch is sample size. This is to say that if you ran a script for, say, 2 hours a day, the ban rate is low. Why? Sample size. Jagex needs a large data sample from your account to issue a ban with confidence, and confidence is key. As a games company, they can't afford to incorrectly ban a large number of players for botting. This is likely why limiting your daily botting time helps avoid bans, and why suicide botting sessions reliably produce bans. In the first case, they have little data to analyze, and in the latter, they have more than enough. 

This is, of course, a hunch, but one I'm confident enough to make a new Script around. An autonomous, AIO bot that does the following:
1. Has a list of Tasks that can be performed, with requirements for each task, setup for each task (getting items from bank, traveling to area, etc), and task completion (teleporting away from an area, depositing outputs into a bank, etc)
2. Randomly chooses a task to execute based on whether or not requirements are met, or whether or not the the task is still appropriate given the account's current stats (perhaps the account is too high of a level for the task in question to be worth doing), etc.
3. Progresses an account in a very generalized sense, choosing some activity or skill, executing it for 1 - 2 hours, and then changing tasks. 
4. Does herb runs, if able

An additional benefit of this approach is that it further mimics human behavior via task switching. Humans aren't going to sit and do the same activity for 10 hours straight without breaks, and neither will this bot. Prolonged sessions of the same activity are a dead giveaway that an account is a bot. Autonomous, randomized task switching is an approach I've not seen tried anywhere else, and so I'm willing to give it a go. 

This is obviously an ambitious project, and will rely heavily on code reuse and object oriented programming to be doable.

TL;DR: I'm looking into making a bot that mimics human behavior in a very macro sense. It'll train a variety of skills and use some sort of simple "AI" to decide what tasks it should be doing, switch tasks randomly, and not focus on a single activity. Most activities in the activity list will be profitable, but not all.

PS: For the people wondering, I've not given up on the project yet, I'm just trying to find an approach that's more viable than suicide botting. For right now, that means a lot of theorizing about how detection works, testing my hypothesis, and doing research into other people's "botting to max" series, since they emphasize the longevity of an account.

Honestly this is dead on for what i've been thinking is what needs done. 

are you still working towards this?

June 14th, 2020:

I gave up on f2p gold farming because I found a way to avoid bans in p2p. After some pretty extensive research and making some custom tools, I'm finally at the point where I can run two accounts for 20+ hours per day without getting banned. This is accomplished using some highly unorthodox methods and tooling. The first account has been running 6 - 20 hours per day with no issues, and the second was just deployed. They're both p2p accounts. They don't make much, but it's consistent and they pay for their bonds within 24 hours.

My current bot farm won't scale well, though. The resource they're botting has a relatively small daily volume on the GE. As little as 10 accounts would start to undercut my profit.

Going forward, I'm going to prioritize antiban above almost everything else. The consistency of low banrate methods is better than higher GP/hour, higher banrate methods, at least to me.

Edited by SqueezeTheorem
  • Like 2

• SqueezeTheorem changed the title to [Log] [Attempt #3] Starting Up A Bot Farm From Scratch

gp.png.0d06dd0d8191880dc7b9d7f5239ab2bc.png

My first bond cycle complete, looking like it's gonna be around 18-19M profit. This is in spite of the 2 day temp bans on 2 accounts. 3 accounts were used.

I have 2 days membership left on one account, 3 on another, and 4 on the third. They should be able to make up the cash to pay for their next bonds during that window. Account number 4 was recently created and will be rolling out tomorrow hopefully.

I have the proxies needed to run 8 accounts concurrently. I can scale up to 16 accounts total using 12 hour shifts if I make some needed adjustments to my tooling.

With 8 accounts, I'm on pace to make like 300M per month. I can dramatically increase that amount to around 1B, but I need GP to invest back into the farm to unlock better money making methods, and I also need to develop the tooling for those better methods.

Edited by SqueezeTheorem

March 20th, 2021:

RIP Account #1, you nearly had 99 crafting and you had 99 fletching. 💔 (~8M loss)

4 accounts are left, 2 of them have prior temp bans so I'm muling them frequently. I've started a 6th account that I'm investing a lot more manual playtime into than usual. The goal is to make it appear more like a main account and have it do a variety of profitable activities (rather than just one) to see if that helps.

Total cash stack is now 30M + assets on remaining accounts. Would be higher but I invested some in my 6th account.

I've also recently discovered how to scale up to ~30 concurrent accounts by using an FPS limiter.

Edited by SqueezeTheorem