Dream GE Firemaker

dreameo

19 hours ago, dreameo said:

Was this happening before in version 0.02? 

Anyways, I do have a good way to fix this. I'll take care of this a bit later tho since I believe 99% of people are not experiencing this. 

It was but like maybe 1/2 the time. But now its more like 90% of the time. My internet is poor, but i do believe it is also a sleep modifier as well. Im not a scripter but other FM scripts ive used doesnt do it.

13 minutes ago, gosubear said:

It was but like maybe 1/2 the time. But now its more like 90% of the time. My internet is poor, but i do believe it is also a sleep modifier as well. Im not a scripter but other FM scripts ive used doesnt do it.

Yea, it's because im using a sleep + conditional. Like, I said, i'll be fixing it, but in a bit since I believe 99% of people are fine. 

38 minutes ago, jller12 said:

it had some trouble with other firemakers, when starting at the same spot it acted like it fired logs but it didnt since there was a person in front of me, the rest is awesome just letting you know!

Yea, if 2 Firemakers go in the same path, after a couple unsuccessful attempts, the bot should go to a new path. 

I've tried to make the bot handle fairly well as the number of users scale. Hopefully no issues in the future :troll:

On 1/14/2018 at 9:20 AM, gosubear said:

Hey, so I should have fixed your issue. Wait for 0.03 to be out.

Also i'm surprised no one has encountered flower issues. I'm not aware of all the things that may block a fire. I tested it out when I saw flowers in p2p and I couldn't make a fire :troll:

This should be fixed now^

Edited by dreameo

Thanks for 50 FM.

From my usage I would like to suggest some script improvements:

- When the script begins a firemaking chain it moves to destination using the minimap then does a left click (the one that has runescape show the the yellow x marker) move to a square. Sometimes this is unnecessary because the original destination reached with the minimap move is also a valid FM starting point. My concern is that this action seems very botlike. Did you hardcode starting points?

I would find an ingame area (represented by the Area class) that are valid FM starting points. If a minimap move lands within this area, start the firemaking chain from that square rather than doing a redundant move to a specific square. If not, then do a left click move into a random square inside this area.

- Script also needs a check to determine if someone else is firemaking in the same line as you. I have been crashed by some asshole doing this. 

Maybe a conditional sleep after calling Inventory.interact(log, tinderbox) (or whatever you used) that stops sleeping after receiving xp or/and if the player stops preforming the firemaking animation. This would perhaps ensure that you are not trailing another player in fming in front of you. 

Edited by PayPalMeRSGP

56 minutes ago, PayPalMeRSGP said:

Thanks for 50 FM.

From my usage I would like to suggest some script improvements:

- When the script begins a firemaking chain it moves to destination using the minimap then does a left click (the one that has runescape show the the yellow x marker) move to a square. Sometimes this is unnecessary because the original destination reached with the minimap move is also a valid FM starting point. My concern is that this action seems very botlike. Did you hardcode starting points?

Yea, so I believe this is due do the API. I make it so that it walks to the exact Tile, but for whatever reason, even if the bot is on the way or standing on the tile, it still clicks the target tile destination. Perhaps I could do some edits later on.

Starting tiles are not hard coded, only the y Axis is. The bot can choose from any random close tile as the starting spot. 

I would find an ingame area (represented by the Area class) that are valid FM starting points. If a minimap move lands within this area, start the firemaking chain from that square rather than doing a redundant move to a specific square. If not, then do a left click move into a random square inside this area. 

Not sure what this is ^ :troll:

- Script also needs a check to determine if someone else is firemaking in the same line as you. I have been crashed by some asshole doing this. 

Maybe a conditional sleep after calling Inventory.interact(log, tinderbox) (or whatever you used) that stops sleeping after receiving xp or/and if the player stops preforming the firemaking animation. This would perhaps ensure that you are not trailing another player in fming in front of you.

Yea, so it's difficult to determine if someone who's standing in the line is also fire making. However, the bot is strict to find atleast 26 free slots. So even in the likely hood that both players start at the same time, whichever bot is unsuccessfully after a couple attempts, it will move to a new line to start FM. 

Edited by dreameo

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 8:45 AM, 1anter said:

thanks for the FM script and can you add a new location?

I could. It would have to be a big area though so that there are available spaces and less competition. I might do an AIO FM where you could create an area and just FM there selectively. I don't get much feedback though. 

Edited by dreameo

• 2 weeks later...

West b

On 2/2/2018 at 4:39 PM, dreameo said:

I could. It would have to be a big area though so that there are available spaces and less competition. I might do an AIO FM where you could create an area and just FM there selectively. I don't get much feedback though. 

west bank varrock could be a option or left side edge bank?

• 2 weeks later...