Cont. of my build me a PC thread

purplewatilla

On 24.12.2017 at 12:30 AM, purplewatilla said:

All you nerds just listed your shitty PC specs and didn't help me make a decent build, so I've went and done it myself.

This is my current part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hPpCsJ  (updated)

I'm having a hard time deciding between the 4 core i7-7700k & the 6 core 8700k, thoughts?

The first is a bit better for gaming or about the same in comparison with the second cpu. The second cpu is better for botting and multi tasking.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sc3Vr7

Literally no reason for going Intel over AMD if your focus is a workstation with 64GB of RAM alongside it. If you're building a gaming PC, that 8700k is slightly better than the 1800x, but has way too much of a downside considering the workstation/botting purpose at a mass scale compared to the 1800x that would destroy any of that you throw at it.

You chose a 60hz monitor so the 2 x 1080ti will cap at 60 fps aka useless even 1 might be overkill but if thats what u want to buy

Do you really need 2 x 500gb SSD's? Couldnt you manage with 1 of it? Same with RAM, 32gb might be enough

1200w psu is overkill a 750w will be more than enough

8700k is a big step up from the last gen but have a look at ryzen because it doesnt matter how many 100s of fps u get with intel if its capped because of the monitor

What does the soundcard do that u must have

Tbh this looks like u are just picking the most expensive/high end parts for no real reason

Edited by Aiban

14 hours ago, Aiban said:

You chose a 60hz monitor so the 2 x 1080ti will cap at 60 fps aka useless even 1 might be overkill but if thats what u want to buy

Do you really need 2 x 500gb SSD's? Couldnt you manage with 1 of it? Same with RAM, 32gb might be enough

8700k is a big step up from the last gen but have a look at ryzen because it doesnt matter how many 100s of fps u get with intel if its capped because of the monitor

Tbh this looks like u are just picking the most expensive/high end parts for no real reason

That's just a 3rd monitor. I have a nice 144hz monitor for my main.

Swapped the ssds, they were meant to be in raid 0, but I found something much faster.

Swapped to a 1000 psu

Getting a custom loop for the water cooling

Building this as overkill for VR and other games, while multi tasking a bunch of other resource intensive shit :)

Edited by purplewatilla

19 hours ago, Jacksonpm23 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sc3Vr7

Literally no reason for going Intel over AMD if your focus is a workstation with 64GB of RAM alongside it. If you're building a gaming PC, that 8700k is slightly better than the 1800x, but has way too much of a downside considering the workstation/botting purpose at a mass scale compared to the 1800x that would destroy any of that you throw at it.

Current list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/m73hnn

I'll do more research on ryzen before I pull the trigger, thanks for the suggestion <3 

11 minutes ago, Jacksonpm23 said:

Okay Dokay. Great choice on the RAM, though, for sure. Elite af.

You memein me boi?

I've considered getting 32gb worth of noice ram and 32 of mediocre ram, but I didn't want to be a QUEERMOSEXUAL mix and matcher

Edited by purplewatilla

2 hours ago, purplewatilla said:

You memein me boi?

I've considered getting 32gb worth of noice ram and 32 of mediocre ram, but I didn't want to be a QUEERMOSEXUAL mix and matcher

Always best to get the same exact kind for your best channeling. And nah I was serious lol. I'm on DDR4 2x4 gigs xD
Next upgrade is an M.2 SSD + another 2x4 GBs of RAM. 
You might as well use this PC for some mining as well while you aren't using it lol

3 hours ago, Jacksonpm23 said:

Always best to get the same exact kind for your best channeling. And nah I was serious lol. I'm on DDR4 2x4 gigs xD
Next upgrade is an M.2 SSD + another 2x4 GBs of RAM. 
You might as well use this PC for some mining as well while you aren't using it lol

That's the plan :D 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2017 at 12:48 AM, Huz said:

Why is the build unnecessarily expensive? What are you looking for from this PC?

Just a thought you should keep in mind.

I own the site "guccigold.com" I make thousands of dollars a day, money isn't an object.

The goal of the build is to maintain low decibels whilst at load without degraded performance.

On 12/26/2017 at 2:16 AM, Aiban said:

Looks like I'm going the AIO water cooling route due to less maintenance and more easily upgradeable parts with less hassle. While still maintaining relative efficiency at low decibels with the padded case.

Current part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/J3wzm8  (I already have 144hz monitor)

Edited by purplewatilla
  • Like 1