The Future of Botting

Mumble

With the advent of Runescape Mobile, OSRS in its entirety is being ported over to C++.

The Java client will become a legacy client of sorts, and may eventually be phased out or deleted/unusable any further.

I'm inquiring to see what steps OSBot as a site is planning on taking moving forward in order to adapt to these changes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mumble said:

With the advent of Runescape Mobile, OSRS in its entirety is being ported over to C++.

The Java client will become a legacy client of sorts, and may eventually be phased out or deleted/unusable any further.

I'm inquiring to see what steps OSBot as a site is planning on taking moving forward in order to adapt to these changes.

sauce

Down for a bit for development, they might need to hire a few new coders and I guess many things won´t be as they used to. But botting will never die as long as Jagex can´t prevent scripts from applying actions into their game. I even got a feeling that bots will 1: be easier to make with C and 2: botting will be more efficient on C (correct me if I´m wrong).

3 minutes ago, TheWind said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they are not rewriting the pc client in C or C++. They are making the phone client in some variant of C++ for efficiency. I doubt they would rewrite the old school client. Maybe new versions of Runescape such as rs3.

Wasn't RS3 already rewritten in HTML5??