VPS or Personal Dedicated?

botscape1738

14 hours ago, Folks said:

I run 1 bot per gig of ram on a vps with a shitty CPU, just use lowcpu and lowresouce or nointerface.

Do you have problems with webwalking?

I found a sweet hookup on vps with a gig of ram and a shitty cpu and I am running all those options but I get a lot of this:

WebWalkingEvent; Terminated! Exceeded attempt threshold.

I code around it and eventually it gets where it needs to go but it is sapping my overall efficiency. It's strange, sometimes it will give me that error 40 times in a row and sometimes it walks just fine, same route.

2 hours ago, LimitedTime66 said:

A java application with graphics being rendered all the time doesn't run on the graphics component. Got it.

Your friends have misinformed you. It wouldn't be accurate to say that it doesn't run on the graphics component, because if you use the interface and render the game it does. But it would be accurate to say the GPU doesn't help performance no matter what GPU you are using.

On my linux box there is literally no GPU nor a GUI running (there is a fake one to fool OSRS into thinking there is one but it is imaginary (Xvfb if anyone is interested)). I run multiple bots without a gui or GPU.

8 hours ago, sudoinit6 said:

I found a sweet hookup on vps with a gig of ram and a shitty cpu and I am running all those options but I get a lot of this:

I code around it and eventually it gets where it needs to go but it is sapping my overall efficiency. It's strange, sometimes it will give me that error 40 times in a row and sometimes it walks just fine, same route.

Not really, my webwalking seems fine, are you using lowcpu?

9 hours ago, sudoinit6 said:

Sudo your problem comes from how you wrote the script itself. I think you're using something like if(!area.contains(myPosition())){ getWalking().webWalk(Position)}. If your character is within 5 squares I believe it is, webWalker will consider it's job successful. 

11 hours ago, LimitedTime66 said:

A java application with graphics being rendered all the time doesn't run on the graphics component. Got it.

Runescape runs 100% on CPU. A CPU can render graphics, albeit not as well as a gpu.

29 minutes ago, IDontEB said:

Sudo your problem comes from how you wrote the script itself. I think you're using something like if(!area.contains(myPosition())){ getWalking().webWalk(Position)}. If your character is within 5 squares I believe it is, webWalker will consider it's job successful. 

Runescape runs 100% on CPU. A CPU can render graphics, albeit not as well as a gpu.

Nah it happens when I am saying "If inventory is full walk to bank".

It is only happening over long distances, not short ones.

On 10/3/2017 at 11:36 PM, IDontEB said:

You are assuming that the CPU has graphics capabilities, which is true for most consumer-grade CPUs. However, it is not true for most server-grade CPUs. Xeon processors do not have any graphics capabilities integrated. They must be accompanied by a separate graphics card. Otherwise, the server wouldn't even be able to boot up to a display.

On 10/5/2017 at 2:59 AM, Woz said:

You are assuming that the CPU has graphics capabilities, which is true for most consumer-grade CPUs. However, it is not true for most server-grade CPUs. Xeon processors do not have any graphics capabilities integrated. They must be accompanied by a separate graphics card. Otherwise, the server wouldn't even be able to boot up to a display.

Even if you give the server a GPU runescape will not be rendered by the GPU. You don't need a GPU at all, and even OSBuddy had to edit the games graphics processor to make it use a GPU for their Open GL stuff. Also Runescape can be run in nointerface mode perfectly fine so where is any need for the GPU?