Road to an automated 100m (+Writing my own scripts)

Colonel_Panic

10 hours ago, sudoinit6 said:

you are making very good progress, keep it up!

Thanks a lot man!

Morning Update:

https://imgur.com/a/QjcOZ

All bots still running. One of the fresh accounts got 40 fishing properly, sold gear to get a lobster pot,  and made it to karamja to start fishing.  The other one was stuck at the GE this morning, so that's definitely something I need to look into.

I'm also getting a few log-outs after an EventExecuter timed out.  It logs back in and continues fine, but still that's another thing I need to look into.

The current plan as of now is to spend some time cleaning and optimizing the code.  I have a feeling some of the weird bugs I'm seeing are due to timing issues and inconsistencies.  I also want to look more into conditional sleeps as those seem to be the way to go for some of the stuff I'm doing.

Once that's done, I plan to scale up on a VPS to around 10 bots.  Hopefully this will be done before tomorrow so I can get some run time before bans start coming on Monday.  

Update:

Ended out the weekend with just shy of 35k lobsters from 5 accounts.

I tested out auto muling just now and was very pleased to have 4/5 bots mule properly.  One got stuck in the bank and died to an NPC and I'm 90% sure that was due to me maxing out the CPU on the VPS I'm using, so code wise I think I'm still okay.

I spent a few hours today working on building my own proxy server so I can supply my own proxies.  I've decided that I'm going to go with a dedicated server and up the number of bots I'm running to around 30.

I'm still curious to see how things change during the week when bans come more frequently.  I'm guessing I'll need to add the ability to get 7 qp on the accounts for them to be able to offload before the bans come down; but I'm going to experiment a bit this week to see if any last more than 24 hours.  If they do, then I won't worry about questing for now. 

I'll experiment a bit more this week and then once I'm fully ready I'll pull the trigger on a dedicated server and try to push the limit on what I can do.  

7 minutes ago, archiebaker said:

Sounds like you're doing really well so far! Best of luck.

I'm following a similar goal to you and one bit that really interested me was making your own proxy server as I'd look to do that too.

Could you give any pointers if you don't mind? Thanks :D

Thanks man! 

You can google for setting up a proxy server.  There's lots of different ways to do it.  However, simply setting one up doesn't help you much as that's still only giving you one proxy address.  To get more addresses, you'll need more systems on different IPs.  That part is the secret sauce and one of the few things I'm not going to give away, sorry mate ;)

4 hours ago, THS said:

Nice one man, good that you're putting your knowledge to some tax-free use :)

Will definitely keep following your progress!

Thanks a lot man. Funny you mention taxes because I've been thinking about what I'll do when I actually start making money.  Do most of you bigger farmers pay taxes? If not, how do you keep it off the radar?

4 hours ago, Runnwith said:

This is big if he is complimenting you. Usually all I see when it's a gold farming topic is him :boge:

Haha I was wondering if that was the case :p

Todays update:
Decided to pull back on my plans to expand to 30 bots this week as muling is going to be a big pain in the ass if I do (because I currently have to PM each bot to activate their muling logic). Instead I'm going to integrate communication with a MySQL server.  This should allow me to:
- Quickly monitor status of each bot
- View which accounts have been banned and which are in the pipeline
- View what accounts were doing when they were banned
- Better manage IP and Mules between bots
- Communicate between bots to facilitate muling.

Once this is done The only big thing I'll have to do is write a manager to automatically fire up farmers and mules. Write a script for mules (should take almost no time).
And finally figure out automatic account creation.

Edited by Colonel_Panic
  • Like 1

Haven't made a ton of progress these past few days as I've been busy with work.  I did make a list of MVP (Minimal Viable Product, aka the minimum I need to feel comfortable expanding) features.

Required before expanding: (D: Done, P: In Progress)
[D] Script to farm
[ ] Script to mule
[P] Automatic account replacement when bans come in
[P] Way of keeping track of accounts so I can quickly tell which have been banned/locked and which are ready to be farmed
   - [D] SQL DB to maintain data
   - [P] Java end to update database and replace accounts as they're banned
   - [ ] Intelligent way for java end to be notified when DB changes (so I can use the DB to notify bots it's time to mule)
[ ] Script to get quest points
[D] New account source (The long term goal is still to make these all myself as I already have the tutorial island script done.  However, after dealing with locks whenever I bot them through tutorial island on a datacenter IP, I've decided to simply buy tutorial island finished level 3 accounts for this first expansion)

The little work I did do was around the SQL database.  I have the schema defined and the database built, and I'm about 70% of the way through integrating it into my Java "Account manager" which is responsible for starting bots, replacing them and updating their status in the database when they're banned or locked, and notifying a bot when it's time to mule.

Well, I was an idiot and wrote MySQL into my scripts without realizing that I can't export into a jar and also maintain the reference to the external MySQL connector jar. (in laymans terms: my script relied on an additional java file to connect to the database I built. When I packaged my script for OSBot, there wasn't a way for me to also include this additional database file; so my script lost its ability to speak with my database when ran through OSBot)

To get around this I'm going to build a server program that my scripts can speak with via sockets. That way my scripts will send their requests/updates to the server application via sockets, and the server application will execute any required database calls before returning any requested data back via the same socket.  It's another piece I really didn't want to have to add, but it seems to be the only way currently unless I scrap the database idea.

I wrote a quick test script and a small server application to verify I could send a message from my scripts to the server via a socket and then return a string from the server back to the script.  Everything seems to be working so I should be safe to start moving the SQL calls over to the server application.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Colonel_Panic said:

Well, I was an idiot and wrote MySQL into my scripts without realizing that I can't export into a jar and also maintain the reference to the external MySQL connector jar. (in laymans terms: my script relied on an additional java file to connect to the database I built. When I packaged my script for OSBot, there wasn't a way for me to also include this additional database file; so my script lost its ability to speak with my database when ran through OSBot)

To get around this I'm going to build a server program that my scripts can speak with via sockets. That way my scripts will send their requests/updates to the server application via sockets, and the server application will execute any required database calls before returning any requested data back via the same socket.  It's another piece I really didn't want to have to add, but it seems to be the only way currently unless I scrap the database idea.

I wrote a quick test script and a small server application to verify I could send a message from my scripts to the server via a socket and then return a string from the server back to the script.  Everything seems to be working so I should be safe to start moving the SQL calls over to the server application.

Man and I'm over here trying to make a cannon ball script and I can't even figure out how to use the widgets ^^;