Mcgregor just got hit shit pushed back

dragonite3000

On 2017-08-26 at 11:50 PM, dragonite3000 said:

are you trolling or what? problem here is Floyd wasn't the one that called Mcgregor out to be inside an octagon it's the other way around. however, on the hell of a fight part? man he put up hell of a fight in terms of not touching that ground l0l, ill say that much.

Connor did better that pacquaio on stats against mayweather juss sayin

1 hour ago, Burrows said:

Connor did better that pacquaio on stats against mayweather juss sayin

Stats aren't everything, pre-match interviews Mayweather understood he 'let the fans down' for the fight against pacquaio. Not enough of him coming forward into range. He did this far more in that fights than he ever does against other opponents.

McGregor's only chance was to hit Mayweather early. He's a bigger guy, hits harder and has a longer reach. If i was a fan of connor i'd be pretty let down by his performance, mayweather looked comfortable the whole fight.

Those saying 'he did well to last 10 rounds'. The length of time he lasted in that ring after the 3rd round was however long Mayweather wanted to play with him. As Floyd picked out before hand, conor's stamina is his weakness, why wouldn't he take advantage of this? 

Overall it was a stupid fight, Mcgregor had nothing to lose. He wins and humiliates a legendary boxer and the whole boxing community in general. He looses and all the but hurt mcgregor fans claim 'he wouldn't last a round in the octagon'. Gets 100m either way, so why wouldn't he. I'd also like to point out what happened to Ronda Rousey? Beaten by Holly Holm who was in fact a welterweight boxer.

On 8/27/2017 at 8:22 AM, Project said:

Floyd said he would go to the octagon and kick his ass, but that will never happen. So no, I'm not trolling. You my friend have no clue what you are talking about.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/07/11/mayweather-i-dont-care-if-its-in-the-ring-or-the-octagon-im-kicking-ass-video/

Now, back to my point. Conor went out of his comfort zone and fought someone who has never lost a match (49-0). Conor did not hit the ground once, which you're absolutely right about. What I thought was even more interesting was that near the end of the 9th round, Floyd and Conor were 1 point apart. How are you going to say he didn't do an amazing job? For someone who is new to a sport, coming straight into it fighting one of the greatest boxers of all time, that is remarkable. However, Conor's biggest problem was he wasn't keeping his hands up. Besides that, he didn't do as bad as you are trying to make it seem. He was making contact with his jabs which seemed to be effective in catching Floyd off-guard, and would occasionally make full contact with his hooks. Floyd also had a hard time defending himself because Conor was really good at counter attacking from different angles; an advantage his MMA skills gave him.

So, if you want to continue to sit there on the band wagon and say that Conor did not put up a good fight, you are out of your damn mind.

1. Conor claimed he would 'KO Mayweather, didn't even come close.

2. At the end of the 9th round they weren't 1 point apart at all.. look at the official score cards, ive put them below to help you out.

29wn9ck.jpg

3. The early stoppage was the only thing preventing McGregor hitting the ground, which i feel was to save embarrassment on his side.

4. Top and bottom of it is McGregor needed to go at him more early in the fight to have a chance of anything.. he didn't enough in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

1. Conor claimed he would 'KO Mayweather, didn't even come close.

2. At the end of the 9th round they weren't 1 point apart at all.. look at the official score cards, ive put them below to help you out.

29wn9ck.jpg

3. The early stoppage was the only thing preventing McGregor hitting the ground, which i feel was to save embarrassment on his side.

4. Top and bottom of it is McGregor needed to go at him more early in the fight to have a chance of anything.. he didn't enough in my opinion.

Rewatch the footage, it showed they were 1 point off. 

You're just another person riding a bandwagon who can't give credit where credit is due. I bet you like the Patriots too? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Project said:

Rewatch the footage, it showed they were 1 point off. 

You're just another person riding a bandwagon who can't give credit where credit is due. I bet you like the Patriots too? 

the footage? you mean Carl Froch's scorecard? Which is a guess, ive just shown you the official scorecards which they go off and clearly there isn't one point in it. 

Riding the bandwagon? You mean I'm one of the few who backed mayweather the whole time and laughed at those who seriously thought mcgregor should a chance? I'm also from the UK and don't follow any american football.. so wrong again

I said if i liked mcgregor, which i don't. I would have been disappointed in his performance. His only chance of winning was early, rounds 1-3. He didn't do enough in those rounds to trouble mayweather at all 

• Like 1