Osbuddy / Osbot Virus?

Bearr

19 minutes ago, Maldesto said:

Did you use a local script or a script from our store? IF store, it is impossible that you got hacked from us. If local, please link me to the script you used. Also just because you got scammed, it doesn't mean you have a virus. You could have clicked a dodgy email and they got your password from that. Made it look like it was from Jagex, and it really wasn't. Look up "phishing" on google.

I just did a scan on my computer, and it did not find a virus. I have not used any local scripts, all my scripts are from the store. I have not opened any Phishing emails from jagex, plus the account is basically new, so i didn't even have a chance to click on any phishing emails.

48 minutes ago, Bearr said:

I just did a scan on my computer, and it did not find a virus. I have not used any local scripts, all my scripts are from the store. I have not opened any Phishing emails from jagex, plus the account is basically new, so i didn't even have a chance to click on any phishing emails.

See Maldesto's comment earlier and respond.

17 minutes ago, Team Cape said:

My mistake, thought you missed it. If you didn't download any local scripts, though, I can definitively say that whatever caused your account to get hacked had nothing to do with OSBot nor OSBuddy.

well, looking at his comment, it might be a script on the store. I did a scan of my computer with the recommended program, and it didn't pick up any viruses. I haven't opened any phishing emails, nor does anyone know my account information. I'm not too mad since it was only 6m, but i just want people to beware. 

2 hours ago, Bearr said:

thought that macs were better to avoid viruses?

They are, have a mac for 3 years no virus issues till date even without any antivirus.

1 hour ago, Bearr said:

well, looking at his comment, it might be a script on the store. I did a scan of my computer with the recommended program, and it didn't pick up any viruses. I haven't opened any phishing emails, nor does anyone know my account information. I'm not too mad since it was only 6m, but i just want people to beware. 

Did you download any local script? Like manually download and add it to your folder, because that could be one reason.

Else you just got a keylogger or phishing websites.

3 hours ago, Bearr said:

I've been using OSBot since 2013, OSBuddy since it was RSBuddy back in the day without any issues at all on any of my accounts.

Let me just tell you this. Its easy to bruteforce/crack accounts nowadays. I know from experience. Hackers don't even need your runescape login info, they might have got it from a complete different site & doesn't even have to be runescape related. Heck your email/user might just have been leaked from any site you've been using for the past few years.  Over 1,000,000 username/password list can be run within few hours.

Don't go and throw bricks at OSBot for that. If they wanted to hack our accounts they sure wouldn't go after people with bread crumbs on their accounts.

My thought here is either its your friend again since he did it once already or you just got randomly hacked, someone somewhere got lucky with their password-list. My suggestion is that you go and google LastPass and make sure you use that program for your passwords in the future.

Edited by Alen

Thanks for a more constructive answer. Wasn't through bricks, but just pointing out that i only have 2 runescape related programs on a freshly made account, with no viruses on my computer and not opening any emails. I also do not use local scripts, mostly paid scripts with a couple of free ones on the SDN. What most people are missing is the OWNER OF THE BOT posting that it may be one of the scripts.