A few questions

snowman97

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have a few questions regarding botting. 

Basically I've been away from botting (and RS in general) for a few years. I used to bot on the regular runescape, then on RS07 and then just kinda stopped. Recently I've been thinking about getting back into botting. I'm not really planning to bot on my main account(s), but it would be interesting to try and create a pure or a completely new account and see what I can achieve. I have a few questions which I hope some of you can help me with.

1. Is VIP worth getting? This might seem like a stupid question but as I've been out of the botting scene for quite a few years I have no clue what the ban rates are and what the mirror client does better than the regular one. Right now I'm just botting a new f2p account (I've read they get banned very quickly) to see what will happen to it. As you can see I'm not VIP so I am obviously using the regular client.

2. What do you suggest doing and what do you suggest NOT doing? What is known to work well and what is known to not work at all (e.g skills, botting techniques account wise etc. etc.)

3. How long have you guys been botting, and what prevents you from being caught? I'd lik to hear from y'all. 

P.S - My bad if some of these questions seem kinda stupid to some of you, I'm just trying to gather some knowledge about the botting scene these days.

2 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

U get banned really fast, if ur just botting 1 acc then VIP is not worth it. What not to bot? If botting f2p ur acc wont last 24hr 

Yeah I've heard that before. So If I were to make an account member what do you advice? Doing a few quests first? If it's a fresh account it probably doesn't make that much of a difference from f2p, does it?

Just now, Fibonacci said:

what are you planning on botting?

I'm not sure yet, but I would probably start with combat. Not sure where though. Maybe move on to something like fishing or cooking later. I really have no idea what has high ban rates etc. 

By the way, what about transferring items/money from your main to your bot or the other way around? Is that a no go or is it possible?

6 minutes ago, Get Rekt said:

I disagree. You get a ban only if you bot stupidly alek fren has posted a guide on preventing ban read it :)

Nah u can always get banned, and you will. Not botting stupidly these days doesnt bring u any kind of profit. Maximize profit before you get banned, that is what you should aim for.

4 minutes ago, snowman97 said:

I'm not sure yet, but I would probably start with combat. Not sure where though. Maybe move on to something like fishing or cooking later. I really have no idea what has high ban rates etc. 

By the way, what about transferring items/money from your main to your bot or the other way around? Is that a no go or is it possible?

for combat just afk sand crabs after doing waterfall + fight arena + tree gnome village.

Edited by Fibonacci
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlotte said:

If you plan to goldfarm, vip is worth getting.

If you plan to play just one account. I guess you wouldn't need vip.

And read this before you start your adventures.

I read the topic earlier today, it has some nice tips indeed. It also confirmed some of my thoughts about today's botting.

Another important question I have is does Jagex often ban multiple accounts? As in will they ban my bot, and then go on to look for my other accounts (which are unbotted) and then ban those? I guess it's a possiblity but does anyone have experience with this?

VIP is worth getting if you are trying to build a few (or more than a few) accounts at once.Most people won't tell you their technique but if you want an account to last then its all about obscurity, unless you are goldfarming then suicide and transfer profits thru mules. Test things out for yourself and you will learn quickly. I will say, try not to use really popular free scripts. Buy a few premium scripts or a private, and use proxies. Welcome back to botting, good luck!

Edited by Switzzz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowman97 said:

I read the topic earlier today, it has some nice tips indeed. It also confirmed some of my thoughts about today's botting.

Another important question I have is does Jagex often ban multiple accounts? As in will they ban my bot, and then go on to look for my other accounts (which are unbotted) and then ban those? I guess it's a possiblity but does anyone have experience with this?

Do we really know anything? i mean i bought an acc and appealed a 2 day ban it had and it was quashed LOL

7 minutes ago, snowman97 said:

Yes, they do ban multiple accounts at one time if one account is caught botting aka chain bans. Which many here uses proxies to cope with that problem.

• Like 1