Big thanks!

sudoinit6

7 minutes ago, sudoinit6 said:

It's a Proliant DL360 G6 64GB of RAM, 2x quad core X5550 Xeon 2.66 GHz procs. I am currently running Windows Server 2008 on it because it came with it and I was lazy but eventually it will be some flavor of linux. It really doesn't matter what operating system though, it is effectively a dumb (but powerful) terminal that I remotely launch bots on. With 10 bots running it is using ~22% cpu and that is with just norender, will toy around with lowresource and nointerface, I am sure I can run ~50 bots on it.

The "brain" of my farm is a laptop that does all the work and uses ssh to remotely launch the bots on the server. I also have another laptop that runs account creation/tut island 12 hours a day. It does ~3 accounts per hour (my tut island script is SO bad) so 36 tut done accounts per day. As I expand I have a couple more laptops that I will set up to do the same. After they do tut island they append the account username to a file on a shared folder that the "brain" reads from when it launches the bots.

In the case of a ban, do you have a processs of removal? Are you also storing all information on a database?

4 minutes ago, Phaibooty said:

In the case of a ban, do you have a processs of removal? Are you also storing all information on a database?

Suicide new accounts every day. Bans are rare enough that if they do happen I just lose that bot for the day. I have only been running 10 bots for two days though so I might have to adjust. If bans start happening I have code in my script to write a file on ban and close the client. I can, if I need to, write a process that monitors the ../data/ directory for the "I got banned" file and launch a new bot.

No database yet, that's on the "would be nice" list. I am done with the "have to do" list, and am still working on the "should do" list :)

Edited by sudoinit6
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2017. 06. 23. at 6:43 PM, sudoinit6 said:

It's a Proliant DL360 G6 64GB of RAM, 2x quad core X5550 Xeon 2.66 GHz procs. I am currently running Windows Server 2008 on it because it came with it and I was lazy but eventually it will be some flavor of linux. It really doesn't matter what operating system though, it is effectively a dumb (but powerful) terminal that I remotely launch bots on. With 10 bots running it is using ~22% cpu and that is with just norender, will toy around with lowresource and nointerface, I am sure I can run ~50 bots on it.

The "brain" of my farm is a laptop that does all the work and uses ssh to remotely launch the bots on the server. I also have another laptop that runs account creation/tut island 12 hours a day. It does ~3 accounts per hour (my tut island script is SO bad) so 36 tut done accounts per day. As I expand I have a couple more laptops that I will set up to do the same. After they do tut island they append the account username to a file on a shared folder that the "brain" reads from when it launches the bots.

imho if you can set up such system, you can make WAY more money doing similar things for marketing and such purposes - on a grander scale of course

no need to stick to botting:troll:

On 7/27/2017 at 6:54 AM, gearing said:

imho if you can set up such system, you can make WAY more money doing similar things for marketing and such purposes - on a grander scale of course

no need to stick to botting:troll:

I actually make a very comfortable salary working in IT. This really is more about the challenge and fun than it is the money.

On 7/27/2017 at 6:46 AM, str555 said:

Are you selling this?

Nope.

On 7/27/2017 at 5:58 AM, okok123 said:

Grats :) do you run a scripting service?

LOL I would feel so bad charging for my scripts. I mean, they work but my coding is very bush league.