Requesting Trials for Scripts

DevilApes

There should be some kind of option when looking at the script to activate a trial instead of having people spamming  for trials. I don't have anything against asking for trials, because that is the only way to request a trial.. i mean i have done it before. It would just make the threads for the scripts less crowded with pointless information. On some scripts you have to dig through pages just to see one post not related to trials. It would help the community, the people trying to purchase the script and also the Scripters when bugs/issues are posted on their threads. It would overall just clean up the forums in general TBH.

I'm sure people agree and this topic may have already been brought up in the past.

Edited by DevilApes
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DevilApes said:

There should be some kind of option when looking at the script to activate a trial instead of having people spamming  for trials. I don't have anything against asking for trials, because that is the only way to request a trial.. i mean i have done it before. It would just make the threads for the scripts less crowded with pointless information. On some scripts you have to dig through pages just to see one post not related to trials. It would help the community, the people trying to purchase the script and also the Scripters when bugs/issues are posted on their threads. It would overall just clean up the forums in general TBH.

I'm sure people agree and this topic may have already been brought up in the past.

I've wanted to do something like this for a while. To be honest though, it's an issue with scripters. I think that they do trials because it boosts activity on their threads when people spam. The purpose of a trial is to show that a script is working; but established scripts don't need such a trial, their reputation should be good enough. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alek said:

I've wanted to do something like this for a while. To be honest though, it's an issue with scripters. I think that they do trials because it boosts activity on their threads when people spam. The purpose of a trial is to show that a script is working; but established scripts don't need such a trial, their reputation should be good enough. 

Not necessarely. Some scripts have such a variety of applications it might not work the way I want for a specific purpose. Also, some scripts don't work 100% and I might want to evaluate it for myself.

Either way, this is a good idea but I think it would need to be filtered somehow or it would be just easy to create many accounts, click a button and never have to pay for a script.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alek said:

The purpose of a trial is to show that a script is working; but established scripts don't need such a trial, their reputation should be good enough. 

Or to try the script yourself, such as there being multiple pest control scripts. 1 could suck balls but the other great. If i bought an $11 script i'd be pissed if it didn't work...So yes, even established scripts should have trials provided. Maybe on on monthly basis for 1-6hrs runtime (depending on the script)

You're in charge of the scripters are you not? So make it to where the spam cuts down -- if anything it hurts sales. I have personally not bought a few scripts because i didn't wanna dig through "trial pl0x" "bump" "lemme get a trial" posts left and right.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alek said:

Thanks for the response! :) 

I support the idea. Would really make it easier with an automatic trail system in place and leave the script topic for bug & suggestions & feedback & update logs. Now all I see is 200 pages of "trail please". I think every premium script should offer trail by default, not necessarily 24h like with the majority of them at the moment but a 6h trail is fair enough time to test out the script.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Polymorphism said:

Or to try the script yourself, such as there being multiple pest control scripts. 1 could suck balls but the other great. If i bought an $11 script i'd be pissed if it didn't work...So yes, even established scripts should have trials provided. Maybe on on monthly basis for 1-6hrs runtime (depending on the script)

You're in charge of the scripters are you not? So make it to where the spam cuts down -- if anything it hurts sales. I have personally not bought a few scripts because i didn't wanna dig through "trial pl0x" "bump" "lemme get a trial" posts left and right.

I'm putting enough pressure on scripters right now between API changes and code requirements. It's something I'd look at much later lol. 

• Like 2