[a bit of work required] - User Shop

Cory

Each user gets their own shop page, where they upload something they wish to sell(upload so osbot sends the item, not the user, limits scams), once the item is uploaded, its then verified by staff, and made public). then other users can buy the item and osbot takes like a 10% cut or something.

This could be useful for people who create programs to help scripts, or graphic artists who create a lot of images which could be used in paints etc, they could easily sell them safely etc.

• Like 1

Yes, great idea. Would this also be applied to OSGP ( a bit like playerauctions?)

This would be difficult as there is no way that OSBot could force you to trade the OSGP

I believe what he means (Correct me if i'm wrong) but they could sell graphics etc in a similar fashion  to the Store we currently have for scripts

Yes, great idea. Would this also be applied to OSGP ( a bit like playerauctions?)

This would be difficult as there is no way that OSBot could force you to trade the OSGP

I believe what he means (Correct me if i'm wrong) but they could sell graphics etc in a similar fashion  to the Store we currently have for scripts

Not exactly player auctions, this should be for programmers/designers/scripters.

So for example i've made a thread layout, i'll simply upload the psd file and put it on sale with perhaps a thumbnail image.

It's a good idea, but has to be rethought. As how I see the idea now, there are alot of issues with this system.

1. If a graphical designer sells a signature for example, the buyers name won't be on the signature, since it's premade.
  2. We can't verify things like membership pins. If someone makes a sell, with a false pin, then the buyer will get scammed, and OSBot will be responsible for it.
  3. Scripters can already sell their scripts on the store. There's no need for them to have a own store.
  4. We can't allow RSGP sells on it, even if an admin gets the gold before the actual sell goes online. With Paypal chargebacks, it will be a risk for us.

Overall, I only see this work with membership pins, but we can't verify these, so that's a really big risk.

I do like the idea of OSBot being a middleman though, it will be a major improvement for our market, with less scamming.

Let the suggestions roll :)

It's a good idea, but has to be rethought. As how I see the idea now, there are alot of issues with this system.

1. If a graphical designer sells a signature for example, the buyers name won't be on the signature, since it's premade.
  2. We can't verify things like membership pins. If someone makes a sell, with a false pin, then the buyer will get scammed, and OSBot will be responsible for it.
  3. Scripters can already sell their scripts on the store. There's no need for them to have a own store.
  4. We can't allow RSGP sells on it, even if an admin gets the gold before the actual sell goes online. With Paypal chargebacks, it will be a risk for us.

Overall, I only see this work with membership pins, but we can't verify these, so that's a really big risk.

I do like the idea of OSBot being a middleman though, it will be a major improvement for our market, with less scamming.

Let the suggestions roll smile.png

1. Graphics designers can create the graphics, add it to the shop, for the user to purchase, once purchased and the user is happy, take down the item.

2. Only give the money to the seller once the buyer has confirmed or a dispute has been nulled, to protect your own back.

3. Obviously I knew this wouldn't be used for scripts, but if someone wanted to sell the code for a script. smile.png

4. I never meant rsgp, i meant items that could actually be uploaded, like software, graphics etc.

Let the negative opinions/flaws roll smile.png

Edited by Cory

This is a great idea.  Support 250%.  Even though Cory has pointed toward this, I think there should be a recommendation (search-like-bar), where you can provide a description for the script and it is sent to a player market inbox to the seller if they are offline, and you want a custom script/signature.

-Leaving room for more suggestions-

Edited by ieat4hp

Things like these are very hard to control. But a paypal chargeback is impossible if it is bought with an automated system am I correct? 

It would require a lot of time/testing/effort to build such a system but it COULD be a very good and useful addition to OSBot and its community

Yeh, I believe this would push OSBot further into the lead in the race to the best old school bot, but it is a lot of work. for me, the benefits of this out way the work required.

Let the suggestions roll smile.png

1. Designers can sell pre-made work like UI Designs, Thread Layouts, Paints etc and signatures can still be sold through graphic shop. Whoever buys premade work can simply open the psd file and change the text.

This is why i would find this very uself, not sure on the other 3 points that were made.