Banned for hand registering/tutorial/training an account - u wot

THS

On 2/13/2017 at 11:48 AM, THS said:

Was troubleshooting my bans, figured I'd just hand-do everything to try and rule out a couple problems.

Process consisted of:

1. Hand Registering fresh F2P account
  2. Hand Running it through tutorial island
  3. Hand training to required stats for method

- Again, all of which was done by hand, on OSBuddy, on my home IP (I've also recently moved into a new house, no chance of crossover).

And I actually got banned for Macroing Major lol, if it was possible to appeal I'd have every grounds for it.

Also after that, later on in the day I did some more painstaking registering/tutorial running.

Those accounts have now been banned for Macroing Major and not locked, so I can't assume it's the same problem everyones been having with fresh accs.

What am I to make of this lol?

LOL how many times have you been banned? flagged ip maybe not sure.

13 hours ago, THS said:

Flagged IP's are a myth

no they are not. flagged IPs are a crock of shit. why would they flag an IP? imagine a public library or uni. tons of kids playing rs at uni, and one kid starts botting doesn't mean everyone gets checked and banned.

Edited by akssnipe
typo

1 minute ago, akssnipe said:

no they are not. flagged IPs are a crock of shit. why would they flag an IP? imagine a public library or uni. tons of kids playing rs at uni, and one kid starts botting doesn't mean everyone gets checked and banned.

flagged IP meaning anyone who uses that IP is under additional scrutiny.  They aren't just going to arbitrarily ban people but they will keep a closer watch.  My IP was flagged, accounts were getting banned in days.  Switched to a VPN and accounts started lasting much longer

Just now, lrdblk said:

flagged IP meaning anyone who uses that IP is under additional scrutiny.  They aren't just going to arbitrarily ban people but they will keep a closer watch.  My IP was flagged, accounts were getting banned in days.  Switched to a VPN and accounts started lasting much longer

I agree with you there but it doesn't make any sense to flag an IP