Making a Modest [Gold Farm]

Smuds

15 minutes ago, Smuds said:

Assuming you already know some basic programming principles it wouldn't be that hard to learn.  If you don't already know it, look into sql (its a basic relational database language from like.  the stone age).  Then just look up how to hook it up into your favorite language.  High barrier to entry but if you really were interested, google is your friend.

Im bad at advice so sue me.

Tell me about it.  Started at the beginning of semester for school and I got the shit kicked out of me by school.  Now once school ends I'm sick so I can't be working on it as much as I want.  Ah well.  It'll all work out in the end (hopefully).  Just have to get the timing right.

Thanks!

What language would you recommend for using along with SQL? I know some java, but I wouldn't mind learning another language if it would be more efficient with SQL. I'm interested in doing something like this as it seems like there's a lot to be learned from it, and it seems like a fun project.

17 minutes ago, RetroBot said:

What language would you recommend for using along with SQL? I know some java, but I wouldn't mind learning another language if it would be more efficient with SQL. I'm interested in doing something like this as it seems like there's a lot to be learned from it, and it seems like a fun project.

I personally use python because I can't be bothered to learn ruby (although realistically, I imagine ruby would be a better choice).  It's possible with java too, but depending on your goals it may be a little more overhead.

51 minutes ago, dfewsloc said:

GL with this bro

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, Tyelr said:

Good luck dude. 

Last semester kicked my ass too. But passed all my classes so got the W. Lol.

Congrats on the internship though, what you interning in ?

At some bank in NYC.  They haven't really told me what I'm doing so like. I've heard its somewhere between no work at all to wanting to quit cs.  Idk man I just want to work on my osbot program :gnome:

UPDATE:

Many bans on new accounts by Jagex because I must be like super flagged or something.  Have 3/4 states for my first bot process scripting.  Still testing the transition between states (don't see how that would throw errors though, just haven't been able to test because all my accounts get instabanned).  I'm not looking forward to having to actually dump money into this (buying level three accounts, proxies, the whole shebang) so I may spend all next week exclusively working on a personal tut island and 7qp bot.  Haven't decided yet (I feel like that shows my priorities are messed because an account is like literally 10 cents while a proxy is multiple more cents than that.  But whatever.)

16 hours ago, Morde said:

Best of luck man! Hope you can make it to fund the education over Europe!

Thanks man!

14 hours ago, Noidlox said:

Good luck with your goals mate. I hope you fund that Europe thing you got planned. Godspeed!

Thanks !

6 hours ago, Sofakin said:

Probably the easiest thing for you to do right now is to invest into buying private scripts and tut accounts from other people. Then look into your issue concerning bans. This is how I would of done.

I mean the issue for bans is that i'm botting like an idiot to test parts of my script which is exactly what they tell you not to do.  But I agree, wouldn't be way easier to just buy private scripts and tutorial accounts.  Especially considering the only thing really holding me back is having to work in antiban and learn osbot scripting.  Unfortunately, I don't have any seed money for this little shindig.  I can confirm though, the old adage that "if you're trying to start a goldfarm with no money, you're gonna have a bad time"

UPDATE:Confirmed transitions work.  There is some error handling to do (i.e. when a client closes but the osbot script didn't not all the db tables are updated etc) but for now it's in workable condition.  Which is nice.  Going to keep coding up scripts and antibans and see where that takes me

EDIT UPDATE: Dunno why, maybe it's because the client was updated or something...?  But the script I was using for tutorial island (Bot Factory) is now no bueno.  I guess I'll just start doing that now.  I would rather make my own that buy the accounts because a)I'm cheap, b)it adds to the logical flow of the states.  Like everything will already be in the database if I do it myself and c) if I can figure out how to automate account generation, then that's a big step towards automatic gold farming.

Edited by Smuds

UPDATE:

Almost done with my tutorial island script.  I've been running it in steps so far (meaning like I code one step of one tutor, test it out, the next, test that, etc) so I'm expecting bugs when I try to run the thing all together.  Regardless though, I've been flying through this one.  It's only taken me like twoish hours to get most of the way done.  Which is neat.  To be fair tutorial island is mostly all just the same junk though.  Anyways, after I do this, i'll work on the 7qp quester (which will suck).  Hopefully, I'll have both of these done by like.  Sunday maybe?  That puts me behind schedule overall but ???

On 18.05.2017 at 4:13 PM, Sofakin said:

Probably the easiest thing for you to do right now is to invest into buying private scripts and tut accounts from other people. Then look into your issue concerning bans. This is how I would of done.

The simplest thing is finding a source with good proxies and great prices, then you're fine.

On 5/19/2017 at 3:55 PM, Manippul said:

The simplest thing is finding a source with good proxies and great prices, then you're fine.

Yeah, I'll be doing that pretty soon, but I want to verify that my overall process (like the whole automatically changing what script is running, setting up the account, etc) works before I go buy the proxies.  Because if I get an account banned on a proxy it's essentially a done deal for that proxy right?

UPDATE:

So I finished the tutorial island script.  There are one or two bugs that I'm not quite sure they're happening, so I'll fix those later tonight.  After that, I'll incorporate the db interaction with it and then just try to create a whole bunch of accounts and see what happens.

EDIT: away from home currently, wifi is garbage, won't be able to work on farm until wednesday night which is kind of a bummer.

Edited by Smuds