Calling all Scripters...

Coreh

32 members have voted

1. 1. Eclipse or IntelliJ

• Eclipse
    • IntelliJ
    • I don't script.

Eclipse is better for beginners specifically on OSBot for a few reasons:

1. There is a precise guide that teaches the exact setup of eclipse. 

2. Because it has less features, its functions are easier to grasp and manage - especially for someone just learning Java, let alone the OSBot API on top of that. They're not going to need all of the functions on IntelliJ.

3. Eclipse is simpler. For a beginner, that's more important than cool features that they could use years from now when they're developed as programmers.

1. You can google how to setup any IDE, import libraries, export your code to a .jar

2. That is not true at all, Eclipse probably even has more features than Intellij. One of the main reasons people prefer Intellij over Eclipse is because of it's usability. Are you saying usability is a bad thing? Intellij has superior autocomplete, superior indexing and suggestions, these things are beneficial to programmers, regardless of ability.

3. Again, not true. I'm not sure where you are getting this whole "Intellij is harder to use" thing from. I'm not talking about the advanced features, both IDEs have those, and a new programmer won't be using them. At the end of the day, they are IDEs not spaceships. I'm not even sure you have used both Eclipse and Intellij before.

1. You can google how to setup any IDE, import libraries, export your code to a .jar

2. That is not true at all, Eclipse probably even has more features than Intellij. One of the main reasons people prefer Intellij over Eclipse is because of it's usability. Are you saying usability is a bad thing? Intellij has superior autocomplete, superior indexing and suggestions, these things are beneficial to programmers, regardless of ability.

3. Again, not true. I'm not sure where you are getting this whole "Intellij is harder to use" thing from. I'm not talking about the advanced features, both IDEs have those, and a new programmer won't be using them. At the end of the day, they are IDEs not spaceships. I'm not even sure you have used both Eclipse and Intellij before.

1. Oh ok. I'll just go google a generic answer, when I can find a specific guide to setting myself up with OSBot in 10 seconds (???)

2. Eclipse has a simpler layout. This is literally just fact. Please feel free to flame me a little bit more behind my back in the chatbox kiddo l0l

3. Same point.

1. Oh ok. I'll just go google a generic answer, when I can find a specific guide to setting myself up with OSBot in 10 seconds (???)

2. Eclipse has a simpler layout. This is literally just fact. Please feel free to flame me a little bit more behind my back in the chatbox kiddo l0l

3. Same point.

1. There is even a video tutorial for setting up OSBot with Intellij: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mIWSUHXB9c

2 & 3. So it's just the layout that you think is harder on Intellij? The layout looks pretty damn similar to me

Intellij:

IntelliJ_IDEA_12.0.4_Ultimate.jpg

Eclipse:

SDK-RedFlag_Linux.png

Edited by Explv

oh ok i guess all similarly looking things are all the same. by that logic, all computers are the same, all people are the same, and everything else that looks remotely similar is the same. you're using faulty, generalized logic to pinpoint one specific instance.

don't get all salty because you've bypassed the phase that he's starting - the beginner phase. for beginning, netbeans/eclipse are the ideal IDEs because they are simpler - they don't overload you with things you don't understand before you're ready. that's why they're better. the guide was a sidepoint and i'm not sure why you focused on it so much. please reevaluate your priorities and realize that OP is not the same as you in his programming capabilities.

gg tho go back to flaming on chatbox babe <3