Mald please.

House

Really bad idea to make a thread on this.. Alek don't like dis shit.

It took me several weeks to get SDN access. I'm sure you can wait a bit longer.

Honestly, a thread like this can completely ruin your chances.

The fact that you are ok with it taking that long is absurd.

Lets say someone requests a script to be made in the script request section, in order to get that script on the SDN you have to wait weeks?

Ruin my chances? i'm sorry but im not talking about my request for sdn access at all. I am trying to contact Maxi i learned now, about trying to make the process flow better for the benefit for the user base.

Are my chances ruined now? That is illogical and an example of a bad way to run a community if that is actually the case, however i doubt it is the case so its fine.

Edited by House

The fact that you are ok with it taking that long is absurd.

Lets say someone requests a script to be made in the script request section, in order to get that script on the SDN you have to wait weeks?

Nobody wants to wait for anything anymore. Patience is a long lost art..

I'm not alright with it, but I entirely understand the reason behind it.

Scripts get pushed to the SDN within a week. Every line is read through by the devs to make sure it's all good and hopefully error free. Scripts get priority over people trying to apply for the rank.

Ontop of that, it just means you have more time to create additional scripts. One rank won't change your whole life.

Learn to have patience, amigo. You really don't wanna get on the dev's nerves.

• Like 1

Nobody wants to wait for anything anymore. Patience is a long lost art..

I'm not alright with it, but I entirely understand the reason behind it.

Scripts get pushed to the SDN within a week. Every line is read through by the devs to make sure it's all good and hopefully error free. Scripts get priority over people trying to apply for the rank.

Ontop of that, it just means you have more time to create additional scripts. One rank won't change your whole life.

Learn to have patience, amigo. You really don't wanna get on the dev's nerves.

Are you really really that ignorant. I'm really not trying to aggravate you but read my posts.

I am not talking specifically about my own needs what so ever.

The art of waiting? Stop using emails and facebook then only use stamped letters. 

Edited by House

Are you really really that ignorant. I'm really not trying to aggravate you but read my posts.

I am not talking specifically about my own needs what so ever.

The art of waiting? Stop using emails and facebook then only use stamped letters. 

Your immaturity and impatience are beyond noticeable.

You should work on that.

It really doesn't matter who applies for the rank. Everyone should be able to wait for the process to be completed, whether it takes a day or a month.

There's a difference between messaging someone on facebook and demanding the devs do something about your application immediately.

You don't repeatedly message/e-mail people to reply to you, right?

The point is that your own patience is lacking. The developers have a lot more important stuff to deal with than deal with applications. Would you rather one person bitch about how long it's taking for their app to get reviewed, or a whole community bitch about why the bot is still down? They're called priorities. Learn to accept that you are not one here.

• Like 3

Good talk.

I tried talking to you.

I'm not talking to you after this because it is not the point of the post.

tldr; you bash me for being impatient, i never talked about having to wait for my things to be accepted or how it has taken x amount of time. Please point out why you think i'm impatient thank you.

I don't see any need for a change. It took me 4 days to get my git account, meanwhile I spent time increasing my knowledge of the API and refactoring my scripts to make their code better.

I took 8 days to get my first script to be accepted and like another 1 of 2 before it was on SDN.
It would have probably been 4 days for script too, but I had to fix errors and had an incorrect folder in my Git.

I don't see a problem with that wait time. If you have scripts you want to put out now, put them in Local Scripts, upload them to google drive, then when they get accepted, get Report the thread and ask for it to be moved to the SDN script forum.

Even for people that have to wait longer for Git and SDN acceptance for their scripts. It is a process that takes time because it's a process that involves needing people with an incredible amount of experience with the API etc to be able to vett scripts well.

I understand your reasoning, and understand why you would want this, however I simply don't think there is a need for it.

I don't see any need for a change. It took me 4 days to get my git account, meanwhile I spent time increasing my knowledge of the API and refactoring my scripts to make their code better.

I took 8 days to get my first script to be accepted and like another 1 of 2 before it was on SDN.

It would have probably been 4 days for script too, but I had to fix errors and had an incorrect folder in my Git.

I don't see a problem with that wait time. If you have scripts you want to put out now, put them in Local Scripts, upload them to google drive, then when they get accepted, get Report the thread and ask for it to be moved to the SDN script forum.

Even for people that have to wait longer for Git and SDN acceptance for their scripts. It is a process that takes time because it's a process that involves needing people with an incredible amount of experience with the API etc to be able to vett scripts well.

I understand your reasoning, and understand why you would want this, however I simply don't think there is a need for it.

Those time lengths are more than reasonable however,

Disclaimer this is nothing to do with my own interests.

Some people have waited weeks just to get a git account or are still waiting.

It would be cool if it was made faster than that at least or a minimum time you are supposed to get a response would be great as well.

The reason why it would be good are mentioned already such as delivering requested scripts to the user base faster.

Your original post was well written, so a mature discussion deserves a proper response. I'll try to highlight specifics so you can get some direct answers.

Currently it takes a while for anyone to get a script approved and at least in my case a while to get a git account even.

This has two parts, getting a script approved and getting a git account set up.

First, I have never made a git account for anyone here since I joined 3 years ago. 

Second, there are a lot of reasons why a script may take a while to be approved. Now the phrase "a while" is pretty subjective, most people who I see that are unsatisfied have waited well under a week. One week turnarounds are pretty standard after the script is completely finished. If a scripter claims that a script is complete and I find numerous problems with the code, the scripter is then directed to fix the issues prior to release. This is the main cause for scripts being delayed, so please ensure your scripts are actually ready before they get reviewed.

Someone requests a script in the request section to be made, a scripter says sure thing and tries to get it on the sdn after being made.

This is not quite how the process works. There are two different tracks, one for free and one for premium. Premium scripts require a plan review prior to developing the script whereas free scripts require no such plan, and you can release after it's finished. Many free scripts are made by newer scripters/programmers and are often bug-prone. I spend A LOT of my time coaching people on proper techniques. Once again, delays are caused from the issues highlighted above.

The current process makes it that it can possibly take over multiple weeks to get it approved and on there.

The SDN is not guaranteed. Only properly written scripts will have the opportunity to be distributed to thousands of botters. It is a direct reflection of our services.

This community has also been plagued by people who have distributed malicious code and people who have attempted to distribute malicious code through the SDN. Unlike other communities who risk their user base by not performing reviews, we spend a lot of time sitting down and reading other people's code rather than writing our own.

• Like 2

Many free scripts are made by newer scripters/programmers and are often bug-prone. I spend A LOT of my time coaching people on proper techniques.

I remember you also giving me advice when I had pushed an altar script for prayer.

I completely forgot about the script, but I was genuinely surprised you went through everything and pointed out the flaws. That was beyond appreciated.

• Like 1