Are there any scripts to observe and learn?

ziex

I used to code on C, C++, so i am aware of basics but the thing is i have never coded on java.

I want to observe some simple scripts so that i can learn how to use code to interact with in-game stuff. I tried to use downloadable scripts from the forums to learn stuff, but i couldnt get myself to open those jar files as code.

I am not very good at coding, and i have no clue about java, but i have seen some tutorials here on the forums and logic seems to be something that i m familiar with. I would be very thankful if some1 could tell me where can i find scripts to observe their coding or how to open those downloadable scripts to see their code (if they are not protected).

thx in advance :)

To see the source, you'll have to decompile the jar (assuming the source is unobfuscated). There are loads of online tools to do this, from a quick google search I found this: http://www.javadecompilers.com/ , I'm sure you can find others if that one doesn't work smile.png

~Apa

Thx it worked, now i have to make sense from all the code :P

Not that i am a pro or something but school learned me this:

Focus on:

Java is a language that requires every line of code on the right place. For example: With PHP you can add variables everywhere in your script. In Java you need to define it at the top of the page. Java reads your script from top to down.

Focus on these things if you don't know what this means:

* If/else statements

* Getters and setters

* JavaFX or Java Swing

* Know when to use private or public

* Static or not static

* Seperating classes

* Booleans, strings and ints.

Goodluck mate. I don't think it will be too hard because you already have programming knowledge.

Edited by Sebastian

Not that i am a pro or something but school learned me this:

Focus on:

Java is a language that requires every line of code on the right place. For example: With PHP you can add variables everywhere in your script. In Java you need to define it at the top of the page. Java reads your script from top to down.

Focus on these things if you don't know what this means:

* If/else statements

* Getters and setters

* JavaFX or Java Swing

* Know when to use private or public

* Static or not static

* Seperating classes

* Booleans, strings and ints.

Goodluck mate. I don't think it will be too hard because you already have programming knowledge.

thx buddy smile.png

Edited by ziex
  • Like 1