What kind of an Anti-Ban does actually work?

Xious

Client code is obtained by decompiling not by googling though. There is code that records 500 mouse positions in the runescape client but these are not used anywhere.

Hmm, how can you confirm this? I feel that if Jagex couldn't track mouse movements/clicks there would be drastically less bans when using mirror mode. If you are using an undetectable client and jagex can't pickup on any patterns that your account is doing in terms of mouse activity, then the only things they are left to go off to administer bans is play time, xp gained, activities done, and so on. I feel like they wouldn't have any concrete evidence to ban an account if this were the case.

Hmm, how can you confirm this? I feel that if Jagex couldn't track mouse movements/clicks there would be drastically less bans when using mirror mode. If you are using an undetectable client and jagex can't pickup on any patterns that your account is doing in terms of mouse activity, then the only things they are left to go off to administer bans is play time, xp gained, activities done, and so on. I feel like they wouldn't have any concrete evidence to ban an account if this were the case.

That's exacly why so many legit players get banned nowadays

But in response to the topic. I think that Anti-ban that convinces players around you that you are a legit human is the ultimate for of anti-ban. Things like intelligent auto-responders/talkers, Randomized movements and pathing, and obviously a well written script that won't get you stuck in a corner trying to open a door or something for 2 hours and you get reported by half of the population of runescape.

That's exacly why so many legit players get banned nowadays

But in 90% of the cases I've heard of that legit players get banned after more investigation is done they are unbanned. If you have watched any of the old school bot busting streams, the moderators have a list of players that they have suspicion of to be bots, most likely compiled from player reports, or potentially flagged IP's. They then go to the account, ban them, and then send the data to a team of moderators that investigates the accounts activity, and in my opinion most likely their mouse movements and other activities that can be clearly seen as a pattern of botting and then they either are proven guilty and banned permanently or they are unbanned. 

So I mean if Jagex could solely base bans off of the accounts played time and xp gained, and other easily viewed statistics they would never be able to 100% say that this account was a bot. I'm sure there are several players in osrs that stay up playing runescape for 36 hours straight fishing and doing slayer, but if you botted like that you would be banned within a few days no doubt.

• Like 1

But in response to the topic. I think that Anti-ban that convinces players around you that you are a legit human is the ultimate for of anti-ban. Things like intelligent auto-responders/talkers, Randomized movements and pathing, and obviously a well written script that won't get you stuck in a corner trying to open a door or something for 2 hours and you get reported by half of the population of runescape.

But in 90% of the cases I've heard of that legit players get banned after more investigation is done they are unbanned. If you have watched any of the old school bot busting streams, the moderators have a list of players that they have suspicion of to be bots, most likely compiled from player reports, or potentially flagged IP's. They then go to the account, ban them, and then send the data to a team of moderators that investigates the accounts activity, and in my opinion most likely their mouse movements and other activities that can be clearly seen as a pattern of botting and then they either are proven guilty and banned permanently or they are unbanned. 

So I mean if Jagex could solely base bans off of the accounts played time and xp gained, and other easily viewed statistics they would never be able to 100% say that this account was a bot. I'm sure there are several players in osrs that stay up playing runescape for 36 hours straight fishing and doing slayer, but if you botted like that you would be banned within a few days no doubt.

That has nothing to do with the detection system. If a legit player gets detected you can figure out how badly programmed their system is. Doesn't matter if their appeal gets accepted or not, they did a mistake in the first place, and this flawed system is used to catch bots.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your input ^^

That makes sense, thanks! Regarding Token saying leggit players getting banned, I haven't had such experience ever before, besides most "leggit" players who says they get banned they're most likely not leggit. I guess I'll just try and make it as human as possible and see how it goes biggrin.png

Edited by Xious

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to write an efficient anti-ban you should first think about how a bot detection system is implemented. Most important thing you should know before this, which most people don't, is that jagex has no way to track mouse movements. Sending instant input to the client, repetitive mouse patterns, clicking the same pixel 24/7 will not get you banned. Simulating a player that watches youtube in a separate window will therefore not help you at all.

I agree. Such an example is mousekeys which makes you click the exact 2/3/4 pixels all the time but it is distinguished from a bot which I think is because of the time between the clicks?Not too sure how its distingushed