Being banned for botting is final.

TellTheHaters

Its not a problem TO YOU because you havent been falsly banned.

I'd put my bottom dollar on the fact that if you had worked hard and put hours into the game just to get falsy banned, it would be a much bigger problem then, wouldnt it?

.... are you seriously trying to defend jagex's ban system and saying false bans never happen...

ofc they happen rarely, but they do happen. that makes the system bad

Alright thats true but we currently don't know why they do it this way, maybe it is the best way to do it.

Let's step in to Jagex their shoes, how many fake appeals would you need to handle each and every single day for these kind of bans? Yeah, as a company I would rather ban 1 or 2 people (that can still get unbanned by the way) rather than handling thousands of fake appeals.

Edited by Rudie

Alright thats true but we currently don't know why they do it this way, maybe it is the best way to do it.

Let's step in to Jagex their shoes, how many fake appeals would you need to handle each and every single day for these kind of bans? Yeah, as a company I would rather ban 1 or 2 people that can still get unbanned by the way then handle thousands of fake appeals.

You are right, but that just goes to show that they rely on their flawed system too much.

Im not posting here to start some sort of rally to have the system changed to anything like that, after all we are on a botting forumemote32342.png

You are right, but that just goes to show that they rely on their flawed system too much.

Im not posting here to start some sort of rally to have the system changed to anything like that, after all we are on a botting forumemote32342.png

Agreed but maybe this flawed system is the best they can do for now, perhaps it may change in the future, we don't really know and probably never will know.

by waited i mean played legit...

Edit* ill acknowledge that the most recent one could have just been a crazy coincidence but i do feel like they wait for u to spend money before they ban u...its happened way to often for it to be random

Nah, I doubt it. They have to clear the F2P worlds of all the bots the chinese goldfarmers make 24/7. The number of bots created every day in OSRS is estimated at ~5000 per day. Most of those are banned within 24 hours so they don't have a large impact on the game. If they failed to ban these for a whole week, the F2P worlds would be at maximum capacity.

Let's step in to Jagex their shoes, how many fake appeals would you need to handle each and every single day for these kind of bans? Yeah, as a company I would rather ban 1 or 2 people (that can still get unbanned by the way) rather than handling thousands of fake appeals.

yeah that's true, and i never denied that. it's just that it really, REALLY sucks when you get banned on your main that you spent a shit ton of time on, with no fucking place to appeal. nowadays you can try to tweet mod weath, but you couldnt before. i've lost mains(which i did bot on so it was right, but damn, it sucks.) this is why it is not ok to ban innocent ppl, you'll know when you lose a main with 1900+ total.

• Like 2

Nah, I doubt it. They have to clear the F2P worlds of all the bots the chinese goldfarmers make 24/7. The number of bots created every day in OSRS is estimated at ~5000 per day. Most of those are banned within 24 hours so they don't have a large impact on the game. If they failed to ban these for a whole week, the F2P worlds would be at maximum capacity.

But when it comes to something like wines of zamorak, when there are 2-3 bots there, you have literally 0% of getting any loot.

Meaning, because the same bots have been there for atleast 3-4 weeks now, nobody else who wants to bot them will bother because they wont have any profit from it.

I mean, if a bot can last 3-4 weeks, doing the same thing, on the same account, but false bans are happening, there is a problem.

yeah that's true, and i never denied that. it's just that it really, REALLY sucks when you get banned on your main that you spent a shit ton of time on, with no fucking place to appeal. nowadays you can try to tweet mod weath, but you couldnt before. i've lost mains(which i did bot on so it was right, but damn, it sucks.) this is why it is not ok to ban innocent ppl, you'll know when you lose a main with 1900+ total.

But when it comes to something like wines of zamorak, when there are 2-3 bots there, you have literally 0% of getting any loot.

Meaning, because the same bots have been there for atleast 3-4 weeks now, nobody else who wants to bot them will bother because they wont have any profit from it.

I mean, if a bot can last 3-4 weeks, doing the same thing, on the same account, but false bans are happening, there is a problem.

In the end it's still up to Jagex, we can't do shit about it.

The detection system is automated. It will always have flaws and you don't know what these bots are doing to abuse their detection system. They may be more than just simple scripts you are getting off the SDN. 

The detection system is automated. It will always have flaws and you don't know what these bots are doing to abuse their detection system. They may be more than just simple scripts you are getting off the SDN. 

Correct, but jagex's system most likely runs on repeated tasks.

But with something like zammy wines, there isnt a whole lot of variety, meaning there isnt alot that a person can change about a script for anti-banning.

I mean its just using telegrab on an object, banking and repeating.

I mean im not an amazing scriptor or anything so i dont know about anti-banning. I know that camera movement contributes and what-not but seriously, what could be added/changed in such a simple script for them to completely bypass there detection system?

Correct, but jagex's system most likely runs on repeated tasks.

But with something like zammy wines, there isnt a whole lot of variety, meaning there isnt alot that a person can change about a script for anti-banning.

I mean its just using telegrab on an object, banking and repeating.

I mean im not an amazing scriptor or anything so i dont know about anti-banning. I know that camera movement contributes and what-not but seriously, what could be added/changed in such a simple script for them to completely bypass there detection system?

Camera movements don't help at all. They are added because users think it helps. I don't personally put such thing in my scripts. Mod Ash has been running his mouth enough on twitter/reddit to find out they base their detection on interaction mapping using the account logs you provide while loggged in.