Please give feedback on my YouTube channel!

GaetanoH

Hello guys, since I have so much free time lately besides working and programming I decided I would record some of my gameplay and put it on YouTube. I have also been really excited to commentate on videos and stuff the problem is English ain't my mother language.

I've been doing a Let's Play on The Walking Dead, really interesting game, just love The Walking Dead series overall. Really big fan.
Made some "montages" on my League Plays, they're not really a montage, they are just random good clips I combined together still learning how to edit the clips. I'm still in the progress of making some Hearthstone videos, maybe a road to Legend or something like that.

But I want your guys feedback, I really would love some constructive critisism on my videos, what can I do better, what games can I play and maybe give me some ways to promote my videos because I still don't have a lot of views. If you guys give me an answer like, bad channel you don't give me any way to get better and give me information on what to do better.

I'm not 100% sure if I can link my YouTube channel, if I'm not allowed I will definitely remove it. 

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHLHoibxMdca-aQydA4MlDA

Thanks for reading this.

Edited by GaetanoH

• your mic is way too quiet
  • maybe invest in a better mic like a (blue yeti for around $80-100
  • You don't need to use your intro on every episode/part. maybe just put the intro only for Part1 and then continue the other parts without the intro
  • If you're using a webcam, make the cam screen a little bit bigger and maybe not on the left side of the screen.

Also, you could focus just on runescape content. it's rather hard to get new subs/views with games like "Walking Dead" etc etc. especially when the game is out for already one year or so.  

Good luck !

• Like 1

• your mic is way too quiet
  • maybe invest in a better mic like a (blue yeti for around $80-100
  • You don't need to use your intro on every episode/part. maybe just put the intro only for Part1 and then continue the other parts without the intro
  • If you're using a webcam, make the cam screen a little bit bigger and maybe not on the left side of the screen.

Also, you could focus just on runescape content. it's rather hard to get new subs/views with games like "Walking Dead" etc etc. especially when the game is out for already one year or so.  

Good luck !

Yeah I'm checking out some mics! Alright I'll also take a note of the webcam position, the problem with creating RuneScape content is that I don't have any accounts right now.

Thank you very much for the good feedback!

• Like 1

Hey, checked your profile out! 

First off, I really like the graphics you applied and the intro is awesome!

Second, you might want to fade out the background in your webcam but isn't a huge deal, however you should change its position (might be personal but I enjoy cams that are positioned at the bottom of the screen).

Third, pump up the mic volume! Sounds in general were low

good luck :)

• Like 1

Hey, checked your profile out! 

First off, I really like the graphics you applied and the intro is awesome!

Second, you might want to fade out the background in your webcam but isn't a huge deal, however you should change its position (might be personal but I enjoy cams that are positioned at the bottom of the screen).

Third, pump up the mic volume! Sounds in general were low

good luck smile.png

Alright I'll note down your suggestions! Thank you!

• Like 1

My feedback for your channel ;)

- What I often see which works the best is start working with montages with big plays forinstance, with some nice music on the background it's entertaining to watch. Once you start getting a pretty steady amounts of likes & views on all your uploads and your community wants you to do commentaries etc you can start doing them. It's the same for streaming on Twitch. If you already have a steady youtube fanbase it's way easier to get your standard livestream viewers (the higher viewers you have at the start, the easier it gets, streaming for 1-3 people is demotivating). This is how people like DutchSmash and DodgedLol forinstance got big.

- Everyone mentioned this already but the mic quality is a little bit mweh so might be smart to invest in (as mentioned before) in a blue yeti mic.

- Try to stick your content to 1 or 2 games max.

Make your logo/profile picture transparent (I am not sure if Google/YouTube ignores it and gives it a standard white background). If you don't know how to do that, feel free to add me on skype and I ll try make it transparent for you: atw.swapping

If you want an advice on other stuff let me know ;)

- Snailex

My feedback for your channel wink.png

- What I often see which works the best is start working with montages with big plays forinstance, with some nice music on the background it's entertaining to watch. Once you start getting a pretty steady amounts of likes & views on all your uploads and your community wants you to do commentaries etc you can start doing them. It's the same for streaming on Twitch. If you already have a steady youtube fanbase it's way easier to get your standard livestream viewers (the higher viewers you have at the start, the easier it gets, streaming for 1-3 people is demotivating). This is how people like DutchSmash and DodgedLol forinstance got big.

- Everyone mentioned this already but the mic quality is a little bit mweh so might be smart to invest in (as mentioned before) in a blue yeti mic.

- Try to stick your content to 1 or 2 games max.

Make your logo/profile picture transparent (I am not sure if Google/YouTube ignores it and gives it a standard white background). If you don't know how to do that, feel free to add me on skype and I ll try make it transparent for you: atw.swapping

If you want an advice on other stuff let me know wink.png

- Snailex

Yeah, I've been getting a lot of views on my montages and I'll do my best to bring out more! I'll try to make it transparent thank you friend!