Accutane share your experiences

trentparks

Is there anything I can do to either stop my initial break !? It's getting worse lol day 6 of accutane

Basically what is happening is all your oil is literally being pushed out of your pores. If you run your fingers over your nose, and you originally had black heads, you will feel them being pushed out. They will feel raised. There isn't much you can do right now. The medicine actually makes your breakouts really bad at first, then it will start calming down more the less amount of oil your body produces. Make sure you put lotion on your face, however make sure it is oil free! You want to go ahead and start applying Chapstick like its your hobby as well. Your lips will get so chapped, that they will literally crack. You'll also notice that your hair won't be as oily, which is why it is important to use good shampoo, or you'll get dandruff like flakes coming off your head. I would recommend head and shoulders because they contain pyrithione zinc, which is helpful for dry heads. Make sure NOT to mix topicals while you are on accutane. So if you have like any over the counter acne topicals or anything like that, stay away from them for right now. Your skin will become extremely sensitive to them and make your face look splotchy. Also, DONT TRY TO POP OR SCRATCH any pimples!!! Oil is an essential part of skin healing, however you aren't producing a lot so one tiny scab could takes weeks to heal! Be very careful! Let me know if you have any more questions!

- ProjectPact

Basically what is happening is all your oil is literally being pushed out of your pores. If you run your fingers over your nose, and you originally had black heads, you will feel them being pushed out. They will feel raised. There isn't much you can do right now. The medicine actually makes your breakouts really bad at first, then it will start calming down more the less amount of oil your body produces. Make sure you put lotion on your face, however make sure it is oil free! You want to go ahead and start applying Chapstick like its your hobby as well. Your lips will get so chapped, that they will literally crack. You'll also notice that your hair won't be as oily, which is why it is important to use good shampoo, or you'll get dandruff like flakes coming off your head. I would recommend head and shoulders because they contain pyrithione zinc, which is helpful for dry heads. Make sure NOT to mix topicals while you are on accutane. So if you have like any over the counter acne topicals or anything like that, stay away from them for right now. Your skin will become extremely sensitive to them and make your face look splotchy. Also, DONT TRY TO POP OR SCRATCH any pimples!!! Oil is an essential part of skin healing, however you aren't producing a lot so one tiny scab could takes weeks to heal! Be very careful! Let me know if you have any more questions!

- ProjectPact

Thanks so much man I really do appreciate your help! Do you know how long or have a guess on how long this breakout will last till my face begins to clear? Also pm me your user name on rs Id like to give you a donation but I won't be able to for a couple days :)

• Like 1

Thanks so much man I really do appreciate your help! Do you know how long or have a guess on how long this breakout will last till my face begins to clear? Also pm me your user name on rs Id like to give you a donation but I won't be able to for a couple days :)

You don't have to pay me anything, just here to help! :)

You will notice a difference in the texture of your skin. It is hard to say when the breakouts will stop, as it is different for each user. By the second month however, you should pretty much have clear skin with maybe a pimple or two. Some users experience clear skin within a month, others on their 5th. But like you said in a previous post, your skin isn't too bad to begin with, which usually means it will work faster. :)

tooth paste on the spots (legit works)

Be careful with this, as some toothpaste, such as ones that contain "mint" can actually leave splotches on your face :p