Got banned today , i quit.

justsandro

"The first strategy is done by detecting whether the RS client that runs is modified or not."

I understand that but there is no specific statement saying OSBot's injection client is more detectable than mirror mode. If it was then I'm pretty sure Jagex would be banning users within minutes of botting with the client.

All I'm saying is I believe both are as safe as each other. However, I could be completely wrong because I am in no way affiliated with Jagex and have no idea about all of their detection methods.

Mirror Client you are using the official Runescape client, they think you are just playing legit unless they look alot deeper.

Injection they can see you are using a 3rd Party Client, that will get your account flagged and they will ban you rather quickly.

Mirror Client is 100% better but thats only untill Jagex find a new way of finding botters I guess.

Mirror Client you are using the official Runescape client, they think you are just playing legit unless they look alot deeper.

Injection they can see you are using a 3rd Party Client, that will get your account flagged and they will ban you rather quickly.

Mirror Client is 100% better but thats only untill Jagex find a new way of finding botters I guess.

"Injection they can see you are using a 3rd Party Client, that will get your account flagged"

Ok so you're telling me that using a 3rd party client will get your account flagged? In that case I would assume that all OSBuddy users are all flagged. That's a lot of players that Jagex think are cheating.

Edited by steve498

"Injection they can see you are using a 3rd Party Client, that will get your account flagged"

Ok so you're telling me that using a 3rd party client will get your account flagged? Well I assume then that all of the OSBuddy users are all flagged? That's a lot of players that jagex now think are cheating.

Them using a 3rd party client doesn't automatically mean they are cheating.. but it's alot easier for Jagex to find people who are botting because they will see Osbuddy.jar / Osbot.jar etc as the client they are using and put two and two together.

Mirror Client stops them from even seeing this though.

Ok so you're telling me that using a 3rd party client will get your account flagged? Well I assume then that all of the OSBuddy users are all flagged? That's a lot of players that jagex now think are cheating.

oops double post

Edited by Leen

Them using a 3rd party client doesn't automatically mean they are cheating.. but it's alot easier for Jagex to find people who are botting because they will see Osbuddy.jar / Osbot.jar etc as the client they are using and put two and two together.

Mirror Client stops them from even seeing this though.

Ok Jagex do not see Osbuddy.jar and Osbot.jar otherwise they could easily identify who is using botting clients and who isn't. I'm also sure there is a law against Jagex viewing processes on your personal computer system as it is technically spying. If this was possible then other game companies would of done the same to combat bots.

Unless you can source your claim that Jagex can see the name of the client you're using I disagree with you.

I've used Injection for over half a year and haven't received a single ban across all my accounts. I haven't touched mirror once.

Edited by steve498

Ok Jagex do not see Osbuddy.jar and Osbot.jar otherwise they could easily identify who is using botting clients and who isn't. I'm also sure there is a law against Jagex viewing processes on your personal computer system as it is technically spying. If this was possible then other game companies would of done the same to combat bots.

Unless you can source your claim that Jagex can see the name of the client you're using I disagree with you.

I've used Injection for over half a year and haven't received a single ban across all my accounts. I haven't touched mirror once.

you can feel free to disagree with me but I know for a fact that mirror client is less likely to get you banned than injection. Why else would you need VIP for it lol. You keep being in denial/stubborn cos you cant afford VIP or w/e ;p

you can feel free to disagree with me but I know for a fact that mirror client is less likely to get you banned than injection. Why else would you need VIP for it lol. You keep being in denial/stubborn cos you cant afford VIP or w/e ;p

Okay well that's your opinion but there is no hard evidence that mirror client decreases your ban chances.

Why else would you need VIP for it? Oh maybe because it's titled as "Mirror Client VIP+ Beta Testing". You're BETA testing it. OSBot probably do not want thousands of people using it as it would result in a large amount of reports and would be hard to keep up with but keeping it to a small majority helps keep the flow of reports at a stable level.

Also I'm not being stubborn I'm just putting out the facts and yes I can afford VIP but I do not need it as I'm using injection perfectly fine.

Edited by steve498

Ok so you're telling me that using a 3rd party client will get your account flagged? In that case I would assume that all OSBuddy users are all flagged. That's a lot of players that Jagex think are cheating.

Yes, 100%. When they see what client you're running, it clearly doesn't say OSBot, otherwise there would be a lot of bans. It does, however, show an unrecognized 3rd party client which does bring attention to your account (no, OSBuddy users are not in the same boat, as jagex does recognize their client).

Also, the point isn't how detectable injection on OSBot is or isn't. It's that when OSBot gets detected, mirror users will be safe and only have to worry about heuristics. Mirror mode itself doesn't technically lower ban rates - but it eliminates a red flag from your account.

Edited by zawmbee

Yes, 100%. When they see what client you're running, it clearly doesn't say OSBot, otherwise there would be a lot of bans. It does, however, show an unrecognized 3rd party client which does bring attention to your account (no, OSBuddy users are not in the same boat, as jagex does recognize their client).

Also, the point isn't how detectable injection on OSBot is or isn't. It's that when OSBot gets detected, mirror users will be safe and only have to worry about heuristics. Mirror mode itself doesn't technically lower ban rates - but it eliminates a red flag from your account.

I was only arguing the point that it does not lower ban rates. I do completely agree that if OSBot was detected mirror client would safe you as you are not vulnerable to it being detected.

Also I was not aware that Jagex viewed clients as unrecognised so always learning new things every day :D

I was only arguing the point that it does not lower ban rates. I do completely agree that if OSBot was detected mirror client would safe you as you are not vulnerable to it being detected.

Also I was not aware that Jagex viewed clients as unrecognised so always learning new things every day biggrin.png

Yep. Essentially, though, there really is no BIG difference. Paying the money for VIP is a preference for the paranoid.

• Like 1

I'm also sure there is a law against Jagex viewing processes on your personal computer system

World of Warcraft have been doing this for over 5 years. Not only looking at your files but also active open processes, and looking through the RAM.

What proof do you have for this "law"? What is it called?

I was only arguing the point that it does not lower ban rates.  biggrin.png

What proof do you have that it does not lower ban rates?

Maxi (an official osbot developer and expert java programmer) writes that Jagex perform a 2 step process.

1) Look for the runescape client running in a non-expected enviornment.

That is all he said for the first flagging thing. That does NOT make jagex think you are a bot lol. Can't you read?

2) Further investigation is done on these flagged accounts, much more in-depth than a standard macro investigation.

I am roughly paraphrasing what he said. Simply scroll up/go to the previous page to see the exact quote.