What are your thoughts on Tor Browser? Could it be used with mirror client?

NoahTheWeebWolf

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

Some user on here was telling me about tor browser when I needed someone to make a free trial account to a legal research site but couldn't change my IP. He claims that tor browser is a special web browser designed for anonymity in that you can constantly change your IP and never be pin pointed to one location/tracked. I have never heard of it elsewhere so I thought id post here and ask who has heard of it and is it legit?

Secondly to keep this within the realm of botting & bans. Since it could constantly change the ip address could it theoretically be used with mirror client as an alternative to proxies(since they're not supported yet last time I checked). Id really like to gold farm seriously, but I don't want my main getting banned because of an IP ban(not botting on it).

Thanks in advance.

Tor has a SOCKS proxy on port 9050 (or 9150 or 9051 depending on your configuration). Run tor.exe and connect to the proxy (127.0.0.1:9050)

I am assuming you're saying that's a good thing right?

Is the browser useful/safe and do you know if runescape/mirror client can be used on it?

Yeah, if the Tor browser supports the java applet and you can run it through the browser, then mirror should work.

Is it safe? Probably. I never studied exactly how Tor works, but it's not likely that a tor node will intercept and steal your data. At least not for RS...

Tor itself is not a browser, what Bobrocket is saying is a way to proxy rs through the tor network

• Like 1

You can see some gnarly cheese pizza on TOR as well if you wanted.. Among other unfathomably disgusting things. You can buy some of the best drugs on earth too, mailed discretely right to your mailbox. I've bought Lucy and they sent me a ton of All State insurance pamphlets and I was pissed, until I realized the coupon inside the pamphlet pocket was pure blotter. Be careful not to stray off too far on TOR though. I've never personally had any issues, but I've heard of some crazy horror stories.

Edited by seattle_heat

Yeah, if the Tor browser supports the java applet and you can run it through the browser, then mirror should work.

Tor itself is not a browser, what Bobrocket is saying is a way to proxy rs through the tor network

This is great to hear =). Would the IP that shows up at jagex  be my university's IP or would it be whatever  random IP address I am assigned via Tor Browser? I just want my main to be safe on my actual IP and am hoping Tor Browser would act as a proxy when using mirror client.

You can see some gnarly cheese pizza on TOR as well if you wanted.. Among other unfathomably disgusting things. You can buy some of the best drugs on earth too, mailed discretely right to your mailbox. I've bought Lucy and they sent me a ton of All State insurance pamphlets and I was pissed, until I realized the coupon inside the pamphlet pocket was pure blotter. Be careful not to stray off too far on TOR though.

Gnarly cheese pizza? Dare I ask what you may be referring to?

No worries I doubt I am going to do anything like that I just really want to use mirror client without risking my main by association.

I'd be careful if you have serious assets on your accounts is all. If all you do is plug in osrs, you should be set. If you explore elsewhere just know there are layers to this shit, and what you see is what they want you to see.. They know if you don't belong where you are visiting.

Edited by seattle_heat

I'd be careful if you have serious assets on your accounts is all. If all you do is plug in osrs, you should be set. If you explore elsewhere just know there are layers to this shit, and what you see is what they want you to see.. They know if you don't belong where you are visiting.

It's a fresh account I am botting with so nothing special and all id be using tor browser is for botting rs07.

• Like 1

This is great to hear =). Would the IP that shows up at jagex  be my university's IP or would it be whatever  random IP address I am assigned via Tor Browser? I just want my main to be safe on my actual IP and am hoping Tor Browser would act as a proxy when using mirror client.

Gnarly cheese pizza? Dare I ask what you may be referring to?

No worries I doubt I am going to do anything like that I just really want to use mirror client without risking my main by association.

Late response, but it will probably be the IP of the tor node at the edge of the tor network before it reconnects to the normal network.

You should be able to see what the IP is by using any ip tool through tor browser (ie. whatismyip.com)

I am assuming you're saying that's a good thing right?

Is the browser useful/safe and do you know if runescape/mirror client can be used on it?

When you run the browser and head to runescape.com, a java applet will run. This can actually grab your real IP (whether or not jagex does this is unknown), however I know that if you run just tor.exe for the proxy and then run the jagex launcher through the tor proxy then it will work just fine.

• Like 1

When you run the browser and head to runescape.com, a java applet will run. This can actually grab your real IP (whether or not jagex does this is unknown), however I know that if you run just tor.exe for the proxy and then run the jagex launcher through the tor proxy then it will work just fine.

Unfortunately when I tried playing runescape on there it didn't work(guessing java wasn't set properly yet for me).