Botting while playing legit, ban chance?

KNKS

What's the chances of a legit account getting banned for playing, while botting on another account on the same computer/IP address?

I'm running 2 accounts at the moment, F2P. So I know the chances of ban are more likely, considering I just got 2 accounts banned overnight.

But I left my modem off for 3-4 hours after I saw the accounts were banned, came back home turned it on so I should have a new IP.

Then started running 2 new bots today, so far so good.

So, I wanted to train my main account, but don't really wanna log in just cause I'm paranoid.

I know the fact is it is possible, but how probable is it? 

Edited by KNKS

Jagex doesn't link accounts together, which means if one account gets banned, they won't just ban any other account connected to the IP, unless they have evidence those are also botted. However they do flag IP's at some cases, which makes your future account more likely to be spotted and therefore banned, if botted. You can always use a Proxy/VPN.

Resetting your modem, regardless of dynamic IP or not, doesn't give you a brand new IP. but rather a new IP in the same range as the previous.

Jagex doesn't link accounts together, which means if one account gets banned, they won't just ban any other account connected to the IP, unless they have evidence those are also botted. However they do flag IP's at some cases, which makes your future account more likely to be spotted and therefore banned, if botted. You can always use a Proxy/VPN.

Resetting your modem, regardless of dynamic IP or not, doesn't give you a brand new IP. but rather a new IP in the same range as the previous.

Yeah I'm new to all of this, not really sure how to use a proxy or VPN.

Guess I should start looking it up and learning...

Yeah I'm new to all of this, not really sure how to use a proxy or VPN.

Guess I should start looking it up and learning...

If you're botting multiple account, and already have been banned not long ago, I think it would be worth a shot.

Remember that you can only directly use a socks5 proxy with the injection mode, so if you're running mirror mode, you'll need either a VPN or an application that can utilize a socks5 proxy as a VPN.

Goodluck! :)

They're generally known to profile on a per-account basis. If you're switching between botting and legit play, then you're giving two different patterns of data; giving them a red flag.

Botting one account shouldn't leave a seperate, legit account at risk. Not unless you're trading between the accounts in question, which would only result in a ban because your legit account is now in possession of illegitimate items.

All IP flagging does is say "Hey, this IP is known to have been used by a bot". This information is pretty useless, since each IP can potentially be used by hundreds/thousands of different people, and isn't generally effective for catching bots. I like to believe their detection is based primarily on behavioral analysis on a per-account basis and nothing more (beyond a small number of other mechanisms).

Edited by Valkyr

They're generally known to profile on a per-account basis. If you're switching between botting and legit play, then you're giving two different patterns of data; giving them a red flag.

Botting one account shouldn't leave a seperate, legit account at risk. Not unless you're trading between the accounts in question, which would only result in a ban because your legit account is now in possession of illegitimate items.

All IP flagging does is say "Hey, this IP is known to have been used by a bot". This information is pretty useless, since each IP can potentially be used by hundreds/thousands of different people, and isn't generally effective for catching bots. I like to believe their detection is based primarily on behavioral analysis on a per-account basis and nothing more (beyond a small number of other mechanisms).

No usually I run the bot, and leave it running for around 12 hours.

So I start the bot in the morning, play a few hours at the same time on my legit account, log out of my legit and let the bot run.

Come back home after work, play a couple hours at night and log out of both accounts.

To answer your question from a anecdotal perspective, I myself bot on multiple accounts while consecutively playing on main accounts. I don't use a vpn and I have yet to be banned on my legitimate accounts for interacting with my illegitimate ones. I take precautionary steps for trading with the illegitimate accounts, for example instead of trading directly with them I will stake against them in order to get the gold farmed gp. But the point is to date I have yet to be banned for botting/gold farming on account y for the illegitimacy of account x.

You are probably safe.

To answer your question from a anecdotal perspective, I myself bot on multiple accounts while consecutively playing on main accounts. I don't use a vpn and I have yet to be banned on my legitimate accounts for interacting with my illegitimate ones. I take precautionary steps for trading with the illegitimate accounts, for example instead of trading directly with them I will stake against them in order to get the gold farmed gp. But the point is to date I have yet to be banned for botting/gold farming on account y for the illegitimacy of account x.

You are probably safe.

Key word; "yet".

It's happened before.

You are probably safe.

Do you know if they can see when you drop money from your goldfarming acc and pick it up with main? (probably not but always good to know)