New scripter hoping for acceptance ;D

Mexiah

Hello everyone!
I played RS2 back when it was still just "Runescape" and, due to the wonderful feeling of nostalgia, started a new OSRS account a few months ago. After having played totally legit to total lvl 800, I needed money, so I bought about 2k cow hides on GE for tanning when it occurred to me that this process could easily be automated. I did a quick Google-search  and found OSbot - and sure enough: a tanning script!
Trouble was, it costs money and, while not a lot, still more then I wanted to pay for saving half an hours work.
So I decided to learn to program some simple Java. Being a student of Electrical Engineering, I have worked with C (for Arduino-boards) so the concept of programming was not at all foreign to me. A few hours of snippet reading and YouTube tutorials later, I had my first working tanner script. Although this very simple script did tan all my hides while I cooked ramen noodles, it didn't do much to quench my thirst for Java programming. So on to the next script: Ectofuntus Bone Grinder. The process of selecting bones, grinding them and filling them into pots was really getting on my nerve, so I automated it. I still collected slime and worshiped manually simply because, for the most part, I actually enjoy playing the game.

I then wrote a script that fly fishes north of Seers Village and banks the fish, which is, as I write this post, on its 3rd straight hour of operation. So as soon as this post is done, I'll start writing a cooking script.

I'll try to work in some anti-ban on that one as well, as none of my previous scripts have had this feature. Not that they've really needed it as I have never run scripts without me nearby - mostly cooking or watching TV.

So that's my story so far. I hope to preserve this enthusiasm for writing scripts and eventually get good enough to actually publish them here, so stay tuned! Until then, I'll probably be hanging out in the "Programming help" sub-forum, asking ridiculously basic questions :-)

• Like 3

This is cool, making your scripts as you go along, eventually you could tie them all together and create a full automated account. Always wanted to somehow write a script that automated a full account, does tutorial island, goes to men, goes to rock crabs, etc, until you have a decent leveled pure without touching a thing