Trading Awareness! [How to minimize the risks of being scammed!]

DiamondStarFall

Hi all! just thought i would like to share tis here as well.  hopefully its useful to some. Seasoned users should had already know most/all of these.Even tho some are using the skype button link to let users add ya directly but nt everyone is using tat! xD

1)Always check thru the person's previous posts or threads as it can tell ya something abt him/find possible warnings. (Might take ya a few mins more but better be safe than to be sry!) =)

2)Check the Forum/Skype name/other details on forum or search engines.

3)Take Caution when the last post of the person is quite awhile ago.(the AC Might be hacked)  [Might only nt in all cases!]

4)Take Caution of New User posting Threads wif doubtful website! use ur spidey sense! [no offense to legit new users!]

5) Misconception- the person is paying me first and leaving a note saying he wont chargeback, i should be safe?
No, Unfortunately not
, Chargebacks/Unauthorized  Claims can still occurs with the more commonly used payment methods like Paypal/Money Bookers.

6)DO NOT accept a Trade if the contact details are different from what is being listed in Buyer/Seller's Thread even tho ya received a pm/code from the Buyer/Seller's AC. The pm/Code just acts as an additional deterrence to the scammer,it is nt 100% safe. If the scammer is willing to go thru the extra mile, ya will be facing a Double Sided Scam!

Scenario as below~

XXX
Fake XXX
Fake DSF
DSF

Fake DSF talks to XXX, asks XXX to post 'talking to you'
Fake XXX talks to DSF, asks him to reply to his 'talking to you'
Fake DSF then shows XXX the reply, XXX ofcourse thinks its legit.

7)Lastly to ensure safe trade, the most impt thing is to Pls check tat ya had added the correct skype of the Buyer/Seller or if a Buyer/Seller adds ya check the real skype name [Real Skype Name]

Just an Example

jjbLl6d.jpg?1

Like shown in the SS, put the cursor over and make sure it shows "diamondstarfall" or right click profile to see the Real Skype Name after adding.

Trade Safely & Enjoy! smile.png

Edited by DiamondStarFall

• 2 weeks later...