[Computer components] Is this a common thing?

Botre

So around 3 years ago I bought an Asus motherboard: M4A89GTD PRO USB3.

It ran fine for about a year and then slowly it turned into hell.

BSODs started to occur more and more recently, most of them pointing to a RAM related error and running mem tests on the machine seemed to confirm this.

I bought some more ram (always from the QVL) but the issue didn't stop, I got a new processor then (wanted to upgrade anyways) because perhaps it might have been a CPU memory controller issue. Again, didn't fix it... RAM issues are a huge pain because it's really not predictable, sometimes I went weeks without a BSOD and other times I couldn't boot for hours straight.

I then got myself a new GPU (the integrated one wasn't anything decent so I didn't mind) because perhaps the integrated card wasn't cutting it.

Again, didn't fix it.

Also tried multiple HDDs with fresh OSes installs (trying out different OSes and installers).

Didn't fix it.

New PSU.

Didn't fix it.

Tried all components (CPU, RAM, PSU, GPU) on another MOBO (friend), mem tests ran fine, everything ran smoothly.

Ok so it's my mobo, I unscrew it, takeit out of the case and flipped it over and wtf do I see.

Right below where the dimm slots are, a silver/metallic/soldered line connection to the rest of the circuit. The line was unclean and not smooth,  seemed really sloppy. 

I browsed the web for pictures of the flipside of the MOBO (really fucking hard btw, found like 2) and went through like 20 different videos of the MOBO to compare it properly my board. Turns this "soldering" is an anomaly. All other cards were perfectly clean where I have this silver "vein".

What the fuck is this? Did I get a refurbished board? After watching all those reviews I also noticed my mobo box wasn't full (no driver CD, manual, gadgets, etc...) What the fuck kind of quality assurance is this? Do you recon this is Asus's fault or should I blame the store where I bought it from?

And/or is this something  common that happens over time to dimm slots?

Anyhow I can't RMA it anymore so I'll just get a new mobo.

#RantOver

Sounds like some sort of manufacturer defect. Take it back to the store and talk about getting a new board or compensation, a faulty circuit could do a lot of damage to your parts.

If you have a spare board, try and run tests on your hardware. If you have any problems with anything, it's probably from the faulty circuit.