Policy for third party SPI

fixthissite

I've heard pre-compiled code is not allowed in the SDN. Does this mean we are not allowed to create our own API/SPI for OSBot distributed through JARs?

Assuming we were allowed to, are scripts allowed to extend upon a subclass of Script? Such as:
abstract class ExtendedScript extends Script {

}

@ScriptManifest(...)
public final class MyScript extends ExtendedScript {

}

I'm pretty sure I could test the second one myself if I were on a computer; sorry for the inconvenience.

Are there any exceptions, or possibly a way to get permission, for these actions?

how is that a work around?  that is what is supported.  and how is having a dependencies package and a scripts package clutter?

It's a work around for how it should be handled, which is why I also asked if there were any exceptions to this, such as getting permission. And the SPI I intend to release has 15+ packages. Adding that to a project consisting of only a few classes is definitely a problem in my eyes.

its not about the code, its about the rules and then they would have to make an exception for everyone. which they aren't going to do

The rules state:

"Authentication systems, script loaders, and distribution systems need prior approval from any Admin and/or Developer"

So I'm not 100% sure about that. I'll wait for a developer to reply