Question about IP adress

BeZurk

Hey guys so I've noticed whenever I unplugg my modem/router I obtain a new IP address (check with IPchicken) when I reconnect it. Does this mean my modem/router is able to assign dynamic IPs which are totally different from one another or stay within a range? In regards to botting would this mean I wouldn't need to purchase a proxy as I can change my IP? I got caught a week ago for botting and I am concerned with botting/IP flagging. 

Cheers. 

It means you have a dynamic IP address. What it means if you have a different IP address every time you turn your modem off sometimes you might even get the same IP address but if you do not want to have to constantly turn your modem off just use ipconfig commands in the CMD. You are precisely correct you might not need to purchase a proxy that only being if you wish to bot 1 account until it is banned if it is banned and then turn your modem off renew the IP address and start on a fresh account. Sorta like using a VPN, a proxy would be needed if botting more than 1 account, have 1 on your CP IP and the other on proxy.  

It means you have a dynamic IP address. What it means if you have a different IP address every time you turn your modem off sometimes you might even get the same IP address but if you do not want to have to constantly turn your modem off just use ipconfig commands in the CMD. You are precisely correct you might not need to purchase a proxy that only being if you wish to bot 1 account until it is banned if it is banned and then turn your modem off renew the IP address and start on a fresh account. Sorta like using a VPN, a proxy would be needed if botting more than 1 account, have 1 on your CP IP and the other on proxy.  

ipconfig release/renew right?

I only bot on the one account for the moment but being said, I do have a laptop which I could then run two accounts (one on my desktop one on my laptop) Would they be under separate external IPs or the same? 

Thanks for the quick reply mate :)

ipconfig release/renew right?

I only bot on the one account for the moment but being said, I do have a laptop which I could then run two accounts (one on my desktop one on my laptop) Would they be under separate external IPs or the same? 

Thanks for the quick reply mate smile.png

Yes to the commands those are the CMD commands, If your desktop and laptop are both connected to the modem by Ethernet cable then they will have the same IP if one is to Ethernet cable and the other is to Wifi they will have seperate IP's.

Edited by ServerGeeks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The MAC address thing is a huge myth/lie, I don't know who ever came up with this. But it is not possible for Jagex to track a MAC address, even if they wanted to. The MAC address is only used for internal traffic - to/from the router/modem.

Let's take the following:

When you send data (a packet) to Jagex (a login request for example):

The first destination is your router. The packet you send has the MAC of your router as a destination and your computers MAC as "source" (where it came from).
When it reaches your router, your router sends it to your ISP exactly the same way - your router uses HIS MAC as "source" and the ISP and destination. So and and so on, your ISP will route the packet a few times the same way before it reaches Jagex.

Meaning your computers MAC will NEVER leave your internal network, and the MAC of your router will only GO AS FAR as your ISP and never beyond the first piece of network equipment of your ISP.