[NEW Daily] Rutsylian Showcase |Open to suggestions|

Rutsy

Multifocaled tags is okay to an extent, but I think it'll be good to have one main focal and try not to distract aspects of your signature far away from your focal. It gets a bit hard for the eyes flitting from one place to another, the rule of thirds is a good base principle in working with focals, you may want to try it. It would also be a good time to branch out and look for other tutorials which would give you ideas on what to add to your tags. Good luck!

What do you mean by "multifocaled tags"? I am not really on top of the terms yet.

It is beautiful smile.png

Thanks mate!

Yeah, no problem. I am glad you like it.

Rutsy

What do you mean by "multifocaled tags"? I am not really on top of the terms yet.

When we say focal, it's the focus of the tag/signature. So in essence, multifocaled tags are distracting because your eyes flit from one place of the signature to another instead of gradually drawing your eyes to the rest of the art if you had a main focal.

For example, let's draw up the rule of thirds.

The rule of thirds is a principle of the Golden ratio with broad application as a "rule of thumb" or guideline which applies to the process of composing visual images such as designs, films, paintings, and photographs. The guideline proposes according to the principle of the Golden section search that an image should be imagined as divided into nine equal parts by two equally spaced horizontal lines and two equally spaced vertical lines, and that important compositional elements should be placed along these lines or their intersections.Proponents of the technique claim that aligning a subject with these points creates more tension, energy and interest in the composition than simply centering the subject.

And applying this to one of your tag;

13c1.png

And as per the rule of thumb says, that the intersecting sections will be your source of focus on your composition, we assume that it would be around there where you choose a focal, in this case;

8b92.png

Your focal would be between the top and bottom right part of the signature as illustrated;

f643.png

However the problem comes in when you have such a huge text coming off from the side, which imperceptibly creates another focal for your tag. And the distance from the focal to the second focal (which of course, creating a multi-focaled effect) given it's legnth, creates a distraction instead of a supplement for the eyes to roam more smoothly around your design.

d864.png

However, one of the easiest fixes I've found for this is not being afraid to cover a bit of your tag/focal area with your text, and sometimes it even creates more impact on the design of the tag like so; (sorry for taking liberties into editing your work btw, I was hoping illustrations would give the lesson a better effect)

73c5.png

Like I said though, it's just a base principle and there would be instances where you can freely ignore them in lieu of following your creative instincts, but as a starting designer, I really do advice trying to start with basic principles and implementing them as they'll become second nature later on as you work through your designs.

• Like 1

When we say focal, it's the focus of the tag/signature. So in essence, multifocaled tags are distracting because your eyes flit from one place of the signature to another instead of gradually drawing your eyes to the rest of the art if you had a main focal.

For example, let's draw up the rule of thirds.

And applying this to one of your tag;

13c1.png

And as per the rule of thumb says, that the intersecting sections will be your source of focus on your composition, we assume that it would be around there where you choose a focal, in this case;

8b92.png

Your focal would be between the top and bottom right part of the signature as illustrated;

f643.png

However the problem comes in when you have such a huge text coming off from the side, which imperceptibly creates another focal for your tag. And the distance from the focal to the second focal (which of course, creating a multi-focaled effect) given it's legnth, creates a distraction instead of a supplement for the eyes to roam more smoothly around your design.

d864.png

However, one of the easiest fixes I've found for this is not being afraid to cover a bit of your tag/focal area with your text, and sometimes it even creates more impact on the design of the tag like so; (sorry for taking liberties into editing your work btw, I was hoping illustrations would give the lesson a better effect)

73c5.png

Like I said though, it's just a base principle and there would be instances where you can freely ignore them in lieu of following your creative instincts, but as a starting designer, I really do advice trying to start with basic principles and implementing them as they'll become second nature later on as you work through your designs.

Wow, I really appreciate you taking the time to give me this explanation. Don't worry about editing the work, I understand what you were using it for and I really am grateful, but, so that you know, you miss spelled my name cool.png. Don't worry everyone miss reads it at first. Anyways, I will take this into account for my future work.

Thank you so much,

Rutsy

Wow, I really appreciate you taking the time to give me this explanation. Don't worry about editing the work, I understand what you were using it for and I really am grateful, but, so that you know, you miss spelled my name cool.png. Don't worry everyone miss reads it at first. Anyways, I will take this into account for my future work.

Thank you so much,

Rutsy

Dear lord, really sorry about that. Lmao, It was around 4AM when I figured I made illustrations and the lack of sleep... well, you get the idea. And you're welcome, best of luck on future creations. :)

Sorry dude, but in all honestly, I don't know how I feel about the latest one. It just seems ehhh. The image in it I guess? Not my type :/

Good luck on the one for tomorrow!

I definitely understand. I was trying a different technique.

Thank you for the comment,

Rutsy

Keep at this dude, stick with it and few months down the line you will start getting hella good! 

I appreciate it a lot!

Thank you,

Rutsy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...