How do i change my ip?

The Hero of Time

Well my isp assings an ip based on your mac adres of my router.

I can simply change that and restart.

You can get a new ip if you cut the power of your router. Depending on the lease time you can get assigned a new ip but its not guarantee. For some it is an hour, days, week...

yea 1 week here -.-

Try going into your router settings and find the MAC Address.

Change one letter/number, save settings.

Reset router and now you'll have a different IP address.

i saw that on a tut but that doesnt make sense? if i get a new laptop(new mac adress) the ip is the same.. ?

edit: oo ur changing mac of router

wtf how do i reset my router... changed mac and had no internet.. unplugging doesnt work

Edited by The Hero of Time

Unplug the router/modem for 10 seconds+ 

i tried everything and i kept having no internet, reset router physically with the button, reset router in the router, nothing happened i had no internet! so i just switched the last digit 2 back to 1 and i had internet again.. for the hell of it i went to trackmyip and wtf it changed.. im now im germany? XD idfc what happened but my ip changed.. weird as sht  xD

do you have an explanation for that lel?

The quesqion is that what did you do, if you have to change your IP.. I've used this very same IP for as long as I've lived in this house.. Which is just over a year.. My ISP reassings IP's only if I call them.

i got banned too fast at rs, i think the whole flagging ip is true, i got a new clean one now