#1 Diet to lose Body Fat: Entering & Maintaining Ketosis

Cinnamon

First of all this is all based solely on personal & other people's experiences.

If something is incorrect feel free to correct me - I doubt it ph34r.png

Introduction

To start off, nobody's goal should be losing weight. It should be losing body fat %. Who cares how much you weigh, but we kinda care how much fat your lugging around with you. Lower body fat = more body definition. Why lose weight? Less than 20% of people do it for health. You want to look good though, right? Welcome to the majority. Only 20% is exercise, 80% is diet. 

Before I start off by explaining how to lose weight, let me tell you that this diet is one of the most successful I have ever followed in years. 

What is Ketosis

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b3/Various_grains.jpg

See that picture? It's your poison. Alongside with sugars. Grains, which pack loads and loads of carbohydrates, including sugars, is something your going to avoid a majority, if not completely of your diet. RULE #1: NO CARBS/SUGAR.

Ketosis is a different metabolic pathway your body naturally undergoes when it lacks in carbohydrates. Your body starts to use Ketone bodies as energy, which is deprive from FATS. FATS ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND.   

Now, carbohydrates bully your body. They raise insulin levels, which not only makes your hungry for sugars, but promote the storage of body fats and block fatty acids from being used/released. Carbohydrates also release glycogen, which is a sugar that is extracted and used for energy. Now your body says "Uh-oh, we don't have enough carbohydrates, what are we going to do now?" That's simple. Your body can now burn ketone bodies as fuel, which is an alternative to carbs. Cool huh? Carbs also take time to digest, and usually not all carbs you eat daily is used. Guess where that's gunna go.

Now, VS Carbs, Ketone bodies are more easily released and consumed. Meaning, the fat that you eat, will be your bodies next prey for energy, since now it's so easy to get. 

I could go on forever how this works. But your only eagar on how to start this diet and the results. Understandable.

The Diet Breakdown

Now there's some debate on how much of you full diet composition must consist of fats. General rule is that fats must be 65%-75%, and carbs >5%. 

ketoratios.jpg

Rules: No Carbs

No Sugars

No Processed foods, No Trans-fat

If you not familiar with the Paleo Diet, its basically you can only eat what cavemen used to it. This diet is incorporated. So no grains, rice, ect. 

What you want to eat: HEALTHY FATS

Avacados 

Fish

Eggs 

Oil (Preferably Coconut or Olive) VIRGIN

Bacon!!

Nuts

Chocolate (Preferably 90%+ Cocoa)

Some Dairty products (Check Nutrition Label)!

Cream Cheese

What you don't want to eat: CARBS/SUGARS

Grains (Cereal, Bread, Rice)

Candy (Duh)

Almost ALL Juices & Sodas (INCLUDES YOU MILK)!

Anything Carb related basically

Heres Where things get tricky. As you can see, I listed nuts as a safe food. Now, your like, but nuts have Carbs :( Yes, but there is also a substance called fiber. Fiber is impossible to be digested. Once digested, the enzymes can't break it down, so you end up pooping. Fiber is also considered as a carbohydrate, so it will be listed in the nutrition label. So now what your looking is for the NET CARBS. Carbs - Fiber = Net carbs. Each 1/4 cups of Almonds have 8g of carbs. Yet, is has 5g of fiber. Fiber also keeps you full. So only 3g of Carbs? LET ME GET SOMEE BOIII

Anyways, your goal is to try to stay under 20g carbs and keep 65%+ of fats.

Want Bacon in the morning? Loads of it? Go for it. Just try not to add anything besides the meat. 

355680e74e.png

Perfect calorie breakdown.

Want some eggs?

25de515bd4.png

Its near the goal, but you want more fattier content. Try adding some olive oil!

6f7c15c977.png

See, some people struggle on maintaining that 70%+ fat even though it sounds super easy. Its because alot of fatty foods are usually too high in protein, or too high in carbs (Candy)

To maintain that fat %, you want to make yummy treats called Fat Bombs. These treats consist of more than 70% fat.

\chocolate-almond-butter-cups.jpg

Looks good right?

Recipies here: http://nobunplease.com/14-fabulous-fat-bomb-recipes/

Now last and vital step that applies to all diets. Calorie deficit. If you ever want to lose body weight, you need to know how much your body burns, then create a calorie deficent in consumption. I burn -3k calories a day +2k calories in food = -1K calorie deficit, which is 2-3 pounds a week dropped. 

Now like I said, you don't want weight loss. You want body fat loss. Along with weight loss, you lose muscle, so you look more skinny and deprived vs toned. You want to go ahead and hit the weights while on this diet. To maintain my muscle while i diet and work, I use a cretaine supplement, which can be found here: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-873-creatine.aspx?activeingredientid=873&activeingredientname=creatine

I have lost 30 Pounds in 45 Days. If you looked and my before and after pictures you'll be surprised. You will get bitches hoping on your dick. 

toned-abs-287953.jpg?1287536546

Any questions or advice, feel free to PM me or comment. Im telling you, it works. I've already suggested this to one of my ex-girlfriends and tbh I wish she still wasnt my ex lol

• Like 1

This was a good read, does this apply to bodybuilders as well?

Yes.

For regular people, you need .8-1g of protein/lb.

For body builders its x2 time amount since its resistive strength training. Fat will also be converted to muscle, so you need to consume more calories. Weight lifting burns calories. Just make sure your at a deficient and you'll get leaner as time progresses. 

Oh yeah, STAY AWAY FROM SPLENDA OR ARTIFICIAL SWEETERERS

Please people are like why am i not losing weight and use loads of splenda

that shit has sucralose, which has 1g carb per packet. Your not going to taste shit with only one packet. So stay away, or get fat. 

Yes.

For regular people, you need .8-1g of protein/lb.

For body builders its x2 time amount since its resistive strength training. Fat will also be converted to muscle, so you need to consume more calories. Weight lifting burns calories. Just make sure your at a deficient and you'll get leaner as time progresses. 

Oh yeah, STAY AWAY FROM SPLENDA OR ARTIFICIAL SWEETERERS

Please people are like why am i not losing weight and use loads of splenda

that shit has sucralose, which has 1g carb per packet. Your not going to taste shit with only one packet. So stay away, or get fat. 

But carbs isn't all that bad. I mean bodybuilders are low on glycogen after a workoyt and they essentially need that to build muscle

But carbs isn't all that bad. I mean bodybuilders are low on glycogen after a workoyt and they essentially need that to build muscle

I never said they were generally bad for you, but on this diet they are. The whole point is to change they way your body metabolizes. You know our cells can run on either glycogen or Ketone bodies, right?

I want a tl;dr version of this. I also gotta disagree on "80% diet, 20% working out". Basically if the healthy food & junk food ratio is 2:1 or 3:1, u should be fine.

Lol working out should play the highest part, if u do it 20% then

ou should expect no gains. Workout is the key to successfully build muscle &get more protein thirsty which will change your food habits.

All that calorie bullshit doesnt matter, what matters, is results.

Carbs are energy sources btw.

I dont really owe anyone any explanations about why i disagree on some parts of your thread.

So ill say no more.

Edited by Seks

I want a tl;dr version of this. I also gotta disagree on "80% diet, 20% working out". Basically if the healthy food & junk food ratio is 2:1 or 3:1, u should be fine.

Lol working out should play the highest part, if u do it 20% then

ou should expect no gains. Workout is the key to successfully build muscle &get more protein thirsty which will change your food habits.

All that calorie bullshit doesnt matter, what matters, is results.

Carbs are energy sources btw.

I dont really owe anyone any explanations about why i disagree on some parts of your thread.

So ill say no more.

Explain. I don't owe any explanations? That's how you back up your justification, my friend. "Oh yeah go on a 100% chocolate diet but I'm not telling you why" ._.

Personal experience my friend. Sorry but I think what you just claimed is 90% wrong.

Calorie deficient is what makes you lose weight, but your macros is what makes body composition. Your explanation might work for a 16 year old, but I'm just stating things that I've learned.

• 2 weeks later...

Explain. I don't owe any explanations? That's how you back up your justification, my friend. "Oh yeah go on a 100% chocolate diet but I'm not telling you why" ._.

Personal experience my friend. Sorry but I think what you just claimed is 90% wrong.

Calorie deficient is what makes you lose weight, but your macros is what makes body composition. Your explanation might work for a 16 year old, but I'm just stating things that I've learned.

this doesnt make sense(atleast for me), but its same as guys who bitch about proper form when they see vids where ppl do it wrong, but in reality they have never been to gym. so yeah, gains is which matters.

you really think that every ripped person knows this shit u just posted here? lol its not a rocket science to get slim and sexy.

of course u can start elaborating how good ur method is,  i dont have anything against it, but i dont have to know it to get toned.

but u are acting like its the only way, funny haha.

upload a sexy picture so we know its real

Good guide and I agree 100%. 3 years ago I was 165 lbs at 5'8. Fat little guy. In three months I changed my diet drastically. Combining that and proper cardio, I actually lost 30 lbs in those 3 months and it felt amazing.

You can lift weights all you want but if you aren't eating right you will not see any progress. 80% diet 20% working out is the right way to go.

My own tips:

- If you eat rice/grains regularly, try subbing it with Quinoa which is a much better alternative.

- Sub in regular milk with almond milk.

- If you're like me and you are a coffee fiend, try to make your way down the coffee ladder and drink black.

- Green tea is great but don't drink it for the wrong reasons. Slamming down McDonald's and then chugging a cup of green tea isn't going to balance it out.

this doesnt make sense(atleast for me), but its same as guys who bitch about proper form when they see vids where ppl do it wrong, but in reality they have never been to gym. so yeah, gains is which matters.

you really think that every ripped person knows this shit u just posted here? lol its not a rocket science to get slim and sexy.

of course u can start elaborating how good ur method is,  i dont have anything against it, but i dont have to know it to get toned.

but u are acting like its the only way, funny haha.

Please tell me where I said it was the only way, I personally think its the most efficient.

It's not for everyone. 

[/media]

[media=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYV5SgRYSJo]