What's changed since February?

US Air Force

Hello everyone, I quit back in February and I'm looking to get back into the game. The only problem is that right before I quit, I risked a firecape and torso in wildy and didn't get those back. I also sold all of my gold so my account is pretty much empty. My account has a botting moderate ban so I can't bot on the account anymore. What's changed since I've left, and would it be worth it to come back to the game? I'd have to buy membership and more gold sad.png

I'm talking about just the game in general, I know I can't bot on my main anymore sad.png

Yeah  botting is a mess(last time I checked in July).

It went downhill in february once the bot detection software went online(AKA bot world), once Mod Weath was on the scene *laughs nervously* everyone dropped like flies =(.

As for the game itself... Well at the moment, no new skills are coming out. There is this thing called a trading post which is basically an ingame zybes(currently being polled to add automated trading or possibly the GE entirely). Commission staking  is now a bannable offense. Random events are gone. Magic xp in the nmz was scaled down(Cause free runes made it really quick and easy to 99). corporal beast is back (no divine sigil though). Boss pets are now a potential super rare drop where you get a mini version of your favorite bosses to follow you like a kitten. A new boss called "The Snake boss" which is being considered the hardest boss in rs07 history comes out on the 8th this month, and achievement diaries are back with a vengeance. Oh and a new continent called Zeah, which is considered to be the size of 50% of the current world map is being added to the game later this year!

There's a bit more to be said, but I think this is a nice overview of things that have happened and are to come.

• Like 1

It went downhill in february once the bot detection software went online(AKA bot world), once Mod Weath was on the scene *laughs nervously* everyone dropped like flies =(.

As for the game itself... Well at the moment, no new skills are coming out. There is this thing called a trading post which is basically an ingame zybes(currently being polled to add automated trading or possibly the GE entirely). Commission staking  is now a bannable offense. Random events are gone. Magic xp in the nmz was scaled down(Cause free runes made it really quick and easy to 99). corporal beast is back (no divine sigil though). Boss pets are now a potential super rare drop where you get a mini version of your favorite bosses to follow you like a kitten. A new boss called "The Snake boss" which is being considered the hardest boss in rs07 history comes out on the 8th this month, and achievement diaries are back with a vengeance. Oh and a new continent called Zeah, which is considered to be the size of 50% of the current world map is being added to the game later this year!

There's a bit more to be said, but I think this is a nice overview of things that have happened and are to come.

Wow, thanks for all of the information. It sounds kind of fun, but all of the people that I was friends with in my old clan haven't played in a long time either. Would it be worth it to return to the game? My account is level 102 with 1260 total and 137 quest points. I'd have to buy membership and some gold.

That's an old ass account with a moderate, i'd still bot on it

Nah, my IP was flagged back when I was actually playing.

Wow, thanks for all of the information. It sounds kind of fun, but all of the people that I was friends with in my old clan haven't played in a long time either. Would it be worth it to return to the game? My account is level 102 with 1260 total and 137 quest points. I'd have to buy membership and some gold.

Nah, my IP was flagged back when I was actually playing.

Yeah no problem =)

That depends on your perspective/reasons for playing.

Do you play runescape more for the social aspect or the game itself?

Personally, I take solace in playing solo and not relying on anyone else >.>; my main is level 120(99 def,att,str and hp, 84 mage;72 range and 53 pray)and above 1600 total (all but 2 of my skills are below 50, and those two are at least 45) and 186 qp. I really only enjoy quest, and most of my skills are botted (got lucky that I stopped botting in February, so I avoided the bot nuke and no intention to bot again).

So there is a lot of stuff I can do solo, never joined a clan and no idea how to or why I would. So I mean it's your call, if you like playing solo, or you can find another clan/new people to play with, then it may very well be worth it to you =). You never know your friends may return(Fun fact I lost contact with a very special friend of mine back in April and eight months later exactly on December 29th; I finally heard from her so a little bit of faith in your friends can go a long way). Granted we go way back, but you never know your clan friends may come back =).

Yeah no problem =)

That depends on your perspective/reasons for playing.

Do you play runescape more for the social aspect or the game itself?

Personally, I take solace in playing solo and not relying on anyone else >.>; my main is level 120(99 def,att,str and hp, 84 mage;72 range and 53 pray)and above 1600 total (all but 2 of my skills are below 50, and those two are at least 45) and 186 qp. I really only enjoy quest, and most of my skills are botted (got lucky that I stopped botting in February, so I avoided the bot nuke and no intention to bot again).

So there is a lot of stuff I can do solo, never joined a clan and no idea how to or why I would. So I mean it's your call, if you like playing solo, or you can find another clan/new people to play with, then it may very well be worth it to you =). You never know your friends may return(Fun fact I lost contact with a very special friend of mine back in April and eight months later exactly on December 29th; I finally heard from her so a little bit of faith in your friends can go a long way). Granted we go way back, but you never know your clan friends may come back =).

Alright, I guess I can join a new clan :P so I'll start playing again, the only bad thing is that I have to buy back a lot of gold and regain firecape and torso....oh well haha thanks

• Like 1

*gives @Noah a cookie* JlyhUtk.png

I love your answers, you always go so deep in detail!

Keep it up buddy! ^_^

• Like 1

Alright, I guess I can join a new clan tongue.png so I'll start playing again, the only bad thing is that I have to buy back a lot of gold and regain firecape and torso....oh well haha thanks

That's the spirit =).

Funny you should say that I have two ex workers from my AIO service(now just questing  because I went solo) who do fire cape and torso I am sure either could hook you up =).

I have a friend who sells gold too.

*gives @Noah a cookie* JlyhUtk.png

I love your answers, you always go so deep in detail!

Keep it up buddy! happy.png

Lol I will have to pass(unless it's something low in fat and sugar like Oatmeal raisin which is also my favorite cookie).

Thanks

• Like 1

That's the spirit =).

Funny you should say that I have two ex workers from my AIO service(now just questing  because I went solo) who do fire cape and torso I am sure either could hook you up =).

I have a friend who sells gold too.

Lol I will have to pass(unless it's something low in fat and sugar like Oatmeal raisin which is also my favorite cookie).

Thanks

How much does your friend sell gold for? :P