APA Script Trials

Apaec

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you are the right guy to ask, but I think the biggest danger of Jagex recognizing someone as a bot while botting the "afk" way is the client autologin I think. Would it be possible to change the way it works, to change the delay between them, to change the delay between each letter is typed in, etc.? Btw, I would not like to use the option that moves my camera, because I have never done that on my account and it would perhaps counter my own playing pattern from before. Thanks for the answer.

Edit : how does the "drink potions" option work? I didn't pay attention to that

Edited by JaskoKing

17 minutes ago, JaskoKing said:

I don't know if you are the right guy to ask, but I think the biggest danger of Jagex recognizing someone as a bot while botting the "afk" way is the client autologin I think. Would it be possible to change the way it works, to change the delay between them, to change the delay between each letter is typed in, etc.? Btw, I would not like to use the option that moves my camera, because I have never done that on my account and it would perhaps counter my own playing pattern from before. Thanks for the answer.

Heyo. While no-one really knows how jagex detects bots (or,for that matter, what data they collect), it seems unlikely that they would gather data from the logging in process.  That being said, it would be possible to write a custom login handler, however this would require access to sensitive information such as account usernames/passwords - something which the developers are not willing to release for access via scripts (your account details are locally encrypted). Additionally, in writing a custom login handler, you would lose the stability and efficiency which the built in login-solver provides.

As for moving the camera, for APA Sand crabs the camera movements can be disabled altogether. However, since everyone plays differently, it is difficult to cater for all play styles, and it is impossible to 'recreate' these styles. As a result, i've done my best to provide a range of options which allow each user to configure their script setup differently to personalise it (including custom delays, mouse options etc - see gui below for more info) and to try and prevent profiling.

Personally, in my experience, I find that the best way to avoid bans is what & how you bot, rather than what the script does. Things like playing legitimately in-between botting sessions and only botting for short periods each day (with generous breaks) go a long way. Here's something that you might be interested in reading for more info about preventing bans: osbot.org/forum/topic/45618-preventing-rs-botting-bans/

XG7r4F6.png

Cheers

-Apa

17 minutes ago, Apaec said:

Heyo. While no-one really knows how jagex detects bots (or,for that matter, what data they collect), it seems unlikely that they would gather data from the logging in process.  That being said, it would be possible to write a custom login handler, however this would require access to sensitive information such as account usernames/passwords - something which the developers are not willing to release for access via scripts (your account details are locally encrypted). Additionally, in writing a custom login handler, you would lose the stability and efficiency which the built in login-solver provides.

As for moving the camera, for APA Sand crabs the camera movements can be disabled altogether. However, since everyone plays differently, it is difficult to cater for all play styles, and it is impossible to 'recreate' these styles. As a result, i've done my best to provide a range of options which allow each user to configure their script setup differently to personalise it (including custom delays, mouse options etc - see gui below for more info) and to try and prevent profiling.

Personally, in my experience, I find that the best way to avoid bans is what & how you bot, rather than what the script does. Things like playing legitimately in-between botting sessions and only botting for short periods each day (with generous breaks) go a long way. Here's something that you might be interested in reading for more info about preventing bans: osbot.org/forum/topic/45618-preventing-rs-botting-bans/

XG7r4F6.png

Cheers

-Apa

Thank you so much for the answer. I just like to be safe. I do not like the break handler in the client (using the logout button), but I think a macro would help a lot to just pause the script every x hours and restart it after x minutes, that would add to the "afk" method even more, because I doubt anyone has done more than 2-3 hours without afking for 10-15 minutes after crabs stopped being aggressive. What do you think?

Edit : I wanted to know when does the script drink the potions, because I haven't been paying attention to that at all.

PS - sorry for wasting your time, I feel a bit annoying with my questions, lol

Edited by JaskoKing

1 hour ago, JaskoKing said:

Thank you so much for the answer. I just like to be safe. I do not like the break handler in the client (using the logout button), but I think a macro would help a lot to just pause the script every x hours and restart it after x minutes, that would add to the "afk" method even more, because I doubt anyone has done more than 2-3 hours without afking for 10-15 minutes after crabs stopped being aggressive. What do you think?

Edit : I wanted to know when does the script drink the potions, because I haven't been paying attention to that at all.

PS - sorry for wasting your time, I feel a bit annoying with my questions, lol

Hey (: Don't worry about asking questions - that's what i'm here for!

The script will drink potions at randomised thresholds based on the boost (with percentage calculated limits) which the potion provides. As for the macro that you mention, i'm not sure if I have control over the pause/play system (I probably do, but would have to check). Either way, this is more or less the functionality that the break manager provides, and alot of the time due to the afk-combat nature of the bot, the breakmanager fails to successfully logout as the player may be under attack. This means the player naturally times out which seems to be what you're going for. I doubt jagex would pick out on clicking that logout button - besides it's a common thing for players to do! However if you're looking for the exact functionality that you mentioned, you're probably best off pausing the bot manually every now and then. Besides, it's probably a bad idea to leave the script on its own for more than a couple of hours per day as that already is a long botting session!

-Apa