The Angel With Fractured Wings (an original short story I made)

NoahTheWeebWolf

Before you read you may want to put on some sad music to accompany the story I have written.

Some suggestions

you don't have to but it will definitely set the mood.

This short story is based on my first friendship as a kid...
In loving memory of Ivy sad.png.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The year was 1992, there were two young boys no older than 6, one of whom was unusually shy/just wanted to be left alone his name was Nigel. The other boy was named Ivan. No one really liked Ivan; he was bullied very badly for his especially slow cognitive abilites/social skills.

One day, Nigel witnessed Ivan being bullied and while he never really felt much sympathy for the other children, he couldn't help but get involved in order to stop them. It wasn't much later the two children became the best of friends. They did everything together, rode bikes, caught fish, made pretend forts, they were inseparable.

One of their most notable adventures was when they discovered a bird whose wings were clipped. Nigel had very little emotions prior to becoming friends, but still didn't really care about the flightless creature. However, Ivan didn't want to leave the bird; he wanted to save him. Nigel was fascinated by Ivan's capacity to care perhaps it was simply out of grim curiosity that Nigel decided to stick by Ivan's side and try to nurse the bird back to health. They spent months together relentlessly trying to nurse the wounded creature; They even saved portions of their school lunch to feed the bird in its darkest times.

Eventually, the bird was restored to proper health and returned to the skies. Ivan and Nigel were extremely joyous, and they decided that when they grow up, they should become vets that specialize in saving birds.

However, these good times weren't meant to last. It had turned out Ivan had developed a severe illness from his extensive interaction with the bird and due to the time it went untreated over the course of time the bird was nursed back to health it had become fatal. Nigel wasn't effected because he never spent enough time helping to get sick, he mostly observed Ivan's seemingly futile attempts to revive the bird not actively help.

Nigel became very depressed being helpless to save his friends life. So he vowed when he grew up to see to it that he alone would live on their goal to save all the birds of the world.

Today Nigel is 28 years old and a world-famous vet that specializes in the treatment of not just birds but all winged creatures such as bats. He is being interviewed on a world-famous talk show, asked about his inspiration for coming so far in his field.

The story you have just read is what he would like to say but simply cannot, he never could move on from his friend's death and can only speak in a few words before he just becomes speechless.

He responds to the interviewer... I did it... For a friend...
The end...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many things open to interpretation, such as what happeend in between the 22 years between the past and the present? Or for that matter, who or rather what is The Angel With Fractured Wings?

Was it Ivan who was disabled and a heart of gold? Was it Nigel who initially wasn't a hero but became one? Or was it the bird who made this magical yet tragic event happen? That's up to your interpretation.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed reading the story as much as I enjoyed making it smile.png.

Feel free to share your thoughts(Positive and negative it's your choice but please be constructive).

damn thats sad sad.png dying by helping a helpless creature... thats cruel sad.png though if i wanted to touch a sick/death animal my mom would immediately push me away from it ;p

wait, its not real? ;o

based on... ehm.. wut o.O

It is real

My 1st friend ever was a boy named ivy who has fragile X syndrome (A mental and somewhat physical disability that is caused by a damaged X chromosome). It's complex to explain what it is but it's very tragic. He was a very sweet child but was sadly very limited due to his severe disabilities. I don't even know if he's alive anymore(or for that matter doing ok, he could be in a group home living an assisted life; and look how far I am in comparison being almost done with college in only 3 not 4 years with almost all A,s and lots of other good stuff).

We did find an injured bird once and he did try to help it but his father got nervous. We named it bernice.

All my very 1st friends in pre school and kindergarden had some sort of severe disability and I was their one friend and protector from the bullies(though I myself was a social outcast so I was bullied harshly too). These children were some of the nicest people I ever met unlike most of the "Normal people" I met throughout my life.

As I said this story is based on the experience yet not 100% but you get the idea.

It is real

My 1st friend ever was a boy named ivy who has fragile X syndrome (A mental and somewhat physical disability that is caused by a damaged X chromosome). It's complex to explain what it is but it's very tragic. He was a very sweet child but was sadly very limited due to his severe disabilities. I don't even know if he's alive anymore(or for that matter doing ok, he could be in a group home living an assisted life; and look how far I am in comparison being almost done with college in only 3 not 4 years with almost all A,s and lots of other good stuff).

We did find an injured bird once and he did try to help it but his father got nervous. We named it bernice.

All my very 1st friends in pre school and kindergarden had some sort of severe disability and I was their one friend and protector from the bullies(though I myself was a social outcast so I was bullied harshly too). These children were some of the nicest people I ever met unlike most of the "Normal people" I met throughout my life.

As I said this story is based on the experience yet not 100% but you get the idea.

ah i see, thats too bad ;(