New Rig. Any Suggestions?

Swagler

Considering his drive was a Samsung SSD, arguably one of the most reputable brands, yes it is still possible for a normal usage (gaming) to kill a drive.

You're killing me here, regardless of whether it's the flash's issue that the SSD dies, the SSD still died and there's no getting around it.

Educate myself more about something you're borderline oblivious to? Good job making the worst recommendations I've seen to date.

If I couldn't afford an SSD, I wouldn't be running an Intel CPU nor a 780 Ti.

If anyone is making uneducated posts, it would be you considering you can barely structure a coherent sentence pertaining to SSDs.

An SSD will provide absolutely ZERO performance increases in games, therefore it's utterly useless for the user if he wants performance, are you seriously that mentally incompetent you cannot understand that?

After I got my SSD, I wouldn't go back to HDD. The quicker loading screens and just overall faster experience compared to HDD makes getting SSD worth imo. Also did you RMA the SSD?

• Like 1

After I got my SSD, I wouldn't go back to HDD. The quicker loading screens and just overall faster experience compared to HDD makes getting SSD worth imo. Also did you RMA the SSD?

Yeah I RMA'd it, fairly quick and painless, but I personally don't want to experience the loss of everything I have :L I need more raw storage if anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Typically any Seasonic/XFX and some Corsair units are great.

I would recommend:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1650snlb9 as it's built by Seasonic, arguably the best PSU manufacturer.

I got XFX PSU too and it has served me great so far. I would probably get at least semi-modular for easier cable management though.

I got XFX PSU too and it has served me great so far. I would probably get at least semi-modular for easier cable management though.

For the most part I never care too much for cable management, as long as they're tucked away it's all good imo, and no offence to the OP but I have an odd feeling he won't be that anal about it either.

If he wants a semi-modular/modular PSU, I can link him one.

• 2 weeks later...